Calories vs macros

Options
As of right now my calorie goal is 1880. I have a super hard time meeting this I'm not a huge eater. Probably the reason my metabolism is crap but relatively never have been a big eater. So anyways the closest I come to meeting my caloric intake goal is between 1500-1600 a day with a daily 30 minute workout minimum. Even though I haven't been eating all the calories I should be, my macros have been spot on so I guess my question is which is more important calories or macros?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Your calories are calculated as per your macros...so if your macros were spot on, so would be your calories (give or take rounding). This would tell me that some of your entries are in error.

Where weight management is concerned, calories are what ultimately matter...a calorie is a unit of energy...your body requires XXXX amount of energy daily to perform it's daily functions like being alive, going to work, exercising, etc...when you consume energy in excess of what you require, that energy is stored as body fat...when you consume less energy than you require, body fat is oxidized and used as fuel to make up that difference.

Your macros are important for fitness performance and recovery, body composition, nutrition, etc..
  • RainDrops930
    RainDrops930 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, what matters the most is your calorie intake. Regardless if your marco percentages are off, that's not too important just for weight loss. If you are specifically trying to build muscle, that may be more important. Good luck with your goals!~