Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Running Challenge (Half-Marathon)

k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I have gotten a little stale in my workout routine. Since I hit my weightloss goal, I feel a little lost. So I decided I need a new goal, only this time not related to my weight.

I am starting this program tomorrow morning: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/inter.htm

I am starting it on this on Friday June 24. On the schedule it is a rest day, but I am doing Thursday's exercise and then starting Saturday I will follow the schedule exactly.

So anyone wanna try it with me?

Replies

• neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    check out nike plus for the ipod or nike plus gps app for the iphone. I love it! I am doing the Air Force Marathon Sept 17, 2011. So I am in! Good luck with your new goal!
  • I would...but I've actually gone a bit crazier. I'm currently doing Hal Higdon's "18 weeks full marathon training - Novice level". :)

Good luck with your half!!! I know I'm gonna need some for my full...
  • Hey,

I am not fit enough to do this but I admire your ambition. I may be ready to train for one next summer. In Any case, all the best to you and I hope you persevere and get it!:happy:
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    check out nike plus for the ipod or nike plus gps app for the iphone. I love it! I am doing the Air Force Marathon Sept 17, 2011. So I am in! Good luck with your new goal!

I have the app on my itouch, but I haven't bought the thing for my shoe yet. And, thank you. This should be fun. :smile:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Not really interested in the program, but would love to share experiences and t
    support. Was going to do a half in the fall, but looking like it might be getting pushed up to august 21st.

Just complete my first 10k, have a 10.5 mile end of July, so thinking that may be a nice progression.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Me too. Have done some marathons and halfs, but would love to follow your journey. It's a great new goal. Congratulations.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Wow, that is too funny, I printed out that exact same training earlier today. I am registered for a half but it is not until Oct 16th. I was thinking of offiically starting training next week.