Lose weight...Apple cider vinegar?

Options
2»

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    M_Foote wrote: »
    ACV dramatically reduced my acid reflux. I don't know why and I don't know how, but if I take a couple tablespoons a day, I don't get heartburn. I put it in a small glass of apple juice. I use Bragg's.

That's the only health benefit that I have seen.

ACV increases digestive enzymes which are needed to digest your food. People get acid reflux not because they have too much acid but because they don't have enough and their food sits in their gut fermenting and then backs up causing reflux. The ACV fixes that. It's an excellent cure for acid reflux! Proton pump inhibitors actually makes things worse long term.

As a dietary aid I used ACV capsules for both a digestive enzyme aid and I found that taking them daily helped cut my appetite. It didn't cause weight loss so much as it affected my appetite so I didn't want to eat as much as normal and THAT caused weight loss.

Overall, ACV capsules (liquid can be rough on the teeth long term) are an excellent addition to one's health and with the diets that most people eat today, the added enzymatic action in their gut is a good thing!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    ACV dramatically reduced my acid reflux. I don't know why and I don't know how, but if I take a couple tablespoons a day, I don't get heartburn. I put it in a small glass of apple juice. I use Bragg's.

ACV increases digestive enzymes which are needed to digest your food. People get acid reflux not because they have too much acid but because they don't have enough and their food sits in their gut fermenting and then backs up causing reflux. The ACV fixes that. It's an excellent cure for acid reflux! Proton pump inhibitors actually makes things worse long term.

As a dietary aid I used ACV capsules for both a digestive enzyme aid and I found that taking them daily helped cut my appetite. It didn't cause weight loss so much as it affected my appetite so I didn't want to eat as much as normal and THAT caused weight loss.

Overall, ACV capsules (liquid can be rough on the teeth long term) are an excellent addition to one's health and with the diets that most people eat today, the added enzymatic action in their gut is a good thing!

This idea comes from cures they don't want you to know - the author of said book went to prison for fraud last I heard. Might say something about the reliability of the information.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Anyone want my liver? I don't need it to detoxify my blood; I'll just replace my blood with apple cider vinegar

I love this!
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I also use Braggs for heartburn. Works like a charm! :)

I don't think it can make you lose weight, though.
  • brekober
    brekober Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Works wonders if you have food poisoning, a hangover, and a million other things like cooking and bug bites..... I drank a shot of it every morning for about a year straight and didn't lose any more weight than I would have. I did feel better over all but that's about it.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Funny how I know for a fact that ACP doesn't "do" anything for me other than taste good, and yet I listen to all the "holistic" pet advice websites and give apple cider vinegar to by dog.

lol now I'm guessing if it does nothing for me it probably does nothing for my dog.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

This idea comes from cures they don't want you to know - the author of said book went to prison for fraud last I heard. Might say something about the reliability of the information.

It may have for you, but not for me. Some of us actually have a strong knowledge of both biology and health. People on these boards are so over the top AMA they wouldn't use a natural cure for something if God himself handed it to them and said it works. Good grief. Do yourself a favor and study.
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ACV when in the throes of vicious leg cramps. A tablespoon and they are gone within 3 minutes or so...
  • senecarr
    Options

It may have for you, but not for me. Some of us actually have a strong knowledge of both biology and health. People on these boards are so over the top AMA they wouldn't use a natural cure for something if God himself handed it to them and said it works. Good grief. Do yourself a favor and study.

If God himself handed me a cure, I'd most certainly not use it because I would not trust myself while experiencing what appears to be a bout of hallucination.
    I think the fact that I know the origin of the apple cider vinegar cures acid reflux shows I have studied the issue. Perhaps you should do the same:
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau#Examples_of_his_.22recommendations.22_and_other_nonsense
    Examples of his "recommendations" and other nonsense
    Acid reflux disease is a "myth" created by the medical establishment, but at the same time you can "cure" it (even though it is a myth) by drinking cider vinegar before each meal.
    Legal troubles

The FTC and the court system finally got sick of Trudeau's tactics in 2007 fining him $37.6 million for continuing his false claims. In July 2013, because Trudeau still had not paid a single cent of the verdict, while spending lavishly, and was ordered to transfer ownership of his companies and accounts so that people could be compensated. Trudeau was also found in contempt of court.[10] In 2013, he was jailed after claiming he was broke, but evidence from his finances showed he spent almost $2,000 on cigars/liqueur and nearly $400 on 2 hair cuts[11]; then later that same year he was found in contempt of court again[12] and ordered detained--by a different judge--until he discloses where he is hiding his ill-gotten gains.[13]
    On March 17, 2014, he was finally sentenced by US Federal Judge Ronald Guzman to 10 years for not paying the $37.6 million in fines.[14]
    But please, feel free to condescend to the person that is actually going with medical consensus over a myth started by a conman by saying you really know biology and I need to study.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    acv and dandelion tea bag in water make me less bloaty. I also like to sip it in water to prevent UTIs. only cutting calories will make you lose actual weight though.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

You do realize that @senecarr is one of the most educated and knowledgeable poster on mfp right? He knows way more about science than most people.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    It's fantastic in BBQ pulled pork. As a weight loss supplement its just a load of old woo.

Even better in hot bacon dressing for fresh spinach

I use red wine vinegar for my bacon dressing. Toss in a little Dijon and you've got a great dressing for a spinach salad. I saute some onions and mushrooms in the bacon fat and then throw shrimp into the pan to pink up before adding the vinegar and 'stard. So tasty.

OP - Using ACV or other vinegars to make low-cal dishes that replace high-cal foods in your diet will lead to weight loss if the reduction in calories puts you in a calorie deficit. Good luck!

• senecarr
    Options

You do realize that @senecarr is one of the most educated and knowledgeable poster on mfp right? He knows way more about science than most people.

Well thanks. My ego is going to have a hard time fitting that into its calorie allotment though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!