Why is very hard to loose weight but easy to gain weight ? ??

Options
Why is very hard to loose weight but easy to gain weight??

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    What is your specific difficulty in losing weight?
  • rnelson88
    rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Depends on your diet and daily activity.
  • mejiaruth
    mejiaruth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I love sweet.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    mejiaruth wrote: »
    Why is very hard to loose weight but easy to gain weight??

It's easier to overeat than to undereat and be hungry.
  • thewildair
    thewildair Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Except for a few exceptions where people have severe thyroid or hormonal issues, I think it's entirely psychological. It's very very easy to eat too many calories and be sedentary. It takes a lot of effort to watch what you eat and exercise.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

When I upped fruit, protein, and exercise, and decreased baked goods, my sweet tooth became under control. I have a small amount of chocolate after dinner.

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • ginamcy
    ginamcy Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I feel you!!!! Stop eating sweets and you will se results i belive is that when you go on a diet you cut down all sweets then a few days pass you go crazy and start eating all the sweets again

So then what happens you are right back where you started
    How about putting a goal on losing weight slowely then you wont gain weight so fast
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Work on that, then. I have to stay away from packaged or prepared sweet things. I allow myself chocolate syrup in my morning coffee and then one or two pieces of fruit daily. Sugary things cause me to want to eat a lot more, so I just stay away from them. Sweets are special-occasion foods for me. Once or twice a week I'll have a real dessert. That's all I have room for in my plan.

It's a process to learn how to eat. Just keep working at it.

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    ginamcy wrote: »

I feel you!!!! Stop eating sweets and you will se results i belive is that when you go on a diet you cut down all sweets then a few days pass you go crazy and start eating all the sweets again

So then what happens you are right back where you started
    How about putting a goal on losing weight slowely then you wont gain weight so fast

There's no need to completely "stop eating sweets and you will see results" - the key to weight loss is a calorie deficit. Include favorite foods. In fact, eating in a completely unnatural way for no legitimate reason can lead to binging.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Food tastes good
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I agree with @thewildair - it takes effort to watch what you eat and to exercise and not just blob around all the time, eating whatever/whenever just because food is there. But the rewards are so worth it! Being able to move, being able to wear the clothes you like, feeling great! Worth the effort as far as I'm concerned!

Also, if sweet foods are holding you back from staying within your calorie allotment, don't eat typical highly-caloric sweet desserts! Try something different that will still satisfy your desire to have something sweet. A quick example is if what you want is apple pie, cut up an apple, season it with cinnamon, a little sugar, maybe some nutmeg, add a bit of water, and bake it in the oven. Every once in awhile, have the full-on apple pie dessert when your weekly calories can handle it. The rest of the time, make some smart trades that work a little better into your goals.

Hope that helps!
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Because your body is biologically programmed to not starve, and it doesn't realize that you no longer live in a cave.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    because french fries taste better than celery...
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Back when I was a boy, we were constantly being chased by dinosaurs and saber-toothed cats. Farming wasn't even invented yet. We hunted rabbits and pterodactyls and we would pick berries if we found some. There were no refrigerators so any mammoths we killed would spoil pretty fast.

In short, getting food was tough!

Our bodies knew to store up whatever extra food we ate as fat---because it might be a while before we got to eat again!

Nowadays, I can have someone deliver a pretzel-crust deep-dish meat-lover's pizza right to the front door of my cave. Where I live, food is very easy to get. But my body still thinks there might be a tyrannosaurus lurking about, and it had better store this extra Ben & Jerry's as fat...just in case I have to hide out for a while.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Because it's easier to overeat than under-feed...for most people, gaining weight doesn't really require some kind of deliberate action because it's easy to eat a lot of calories in today's society...losing weight generally requires deliberate action.

That said, there are many people out there who would disagree with the premise entirely.
  • chrystal7777
    chrystal7777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to what we eat these days. Desserts have always been around but back 70-100 years ago they didn't have all these pre-packaged foods that are high calorie and low in nutrition. If you stick with real food that you make yourself you will see the pounds come off. Avoid eating out and move around. Never in history have we been so sedentary. All the modern conveniences have made it easy to over consume bad food and not have to lift a finger to do anything. I look at all the women in my family from earlier generations and they were in shape because they were busy all day gardening, doing laundry by hand, cleaning etc. They still ate dessert every night but because they made all their own food and were burning calories all day from being busy they stayed thin.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a boy, we were constantly being chased by dinosaurs and saber-toothed cats. Farming wasn't even invented yet. We hunted rabbits and pterodactyls and we would pick berries if we found some. There were no refrigerators so any mammoths we killed would spoil pretty fast.

In short, getting food was tough!

Our bodies knew to store up whatever extra food we ate as fat---because it might be a while before we got to eat again!

Nowadays, I can have someone deliver a pretzel-crust deep-dish meat-lover's pizza right to the front door of my cave. Where I live, food is very easy to get. But my body still thinks there might be a tyrannosaurus lurking about, and it had better store this extra Ben & Jerry's as fat...just in case I have to hide out for a while.

Hahahaha! Thats good!!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    People do not think about how many calories they put in their body. Their are so many high calories food easly available, often strategically placed in store for impulse buying. People have to learn self control and moderation.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Because cake tastes better than peas.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Food tastes good

This.