Shifting fat from stomach?

Options
I've been on my diet since Jan, I've lost almost 30lbs but so far the weight is coming of everywhere bar where I want it off and thats my stomach. I have a beer belly, not overly bad but it annoys me, I've been doing weights 5-6 days per week now and with the fat shifting my arms and legs have never looked better, they haven't gained any muscle but look more defined thanks to the fat shifting.

I am heading straight for the skinny fat look which isn't what I was after, as I say the weight seems to be moving from everywhere bar my belly and chubby face.

Any advice or help with this?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. Some places lose quicker than others, and you can't focus on just one area.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't "shift". You lose it equally everywhere. You're going to see a difference in areas where you don't have so much fat, first. Obviously, if your stomach has a lot of fat, that is going to be the last place you see it leave.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating at a caloric deficit. Your body decides where to take the fat from, and sometimes the stomach is the last to go. The first place you gain is the last place you lose. Keep on it!
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Go to Lowe's, get a cauterizing tool, some Gorilla glue, and a staple gun. And some local anesthetic.

Don't let these haters say you can't shift fat around, you absolutely can. Remember, no one else has reached their goals without a little self surgery along the way.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Go to Lowe's, get a cauterizing tool, some Gorilla glue, and a staple gun. And some local anesthetic.

Don't let these haters say you can't shift fat around, you absolutely can. Remember, no one else has reached their goals without a little self surgery along the way.

^I hope that was sarcasm...

We can't really choose where the fat burns off, it just does. I've lost the pounds I want to lose but I'm working on burning the remaining fat which happens to be in my belly and the back of my upper arms. I took my focus off of the "skinny-fat" problem by strength training/conditioning. While you can't target the places you lose the fat, you can target the places you tone, and kind of even things out. It's a process. You'll get there.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ohh...where is where is the thread about the girl who was going to have the doctor shift fat from her stomach to her butt?!
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you lose it and it seems the face and belly are the last places for you. Keep up the good work, you will get there soon.
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Do you think my local handyman hank store has this stuff? I'm a total do-it-yourselfer, so I feel like it can't be more difficult than dry walking.....right?

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I keep hoping all my tummy fat will move north...I could use some help up there.

Seriously though you can't pick where you will lose your fat from. Tummy is the last place I lose...that and arm flaps, but my bye-bye arms (yes, they will wave to you) are almost gone so I'm hoping the tummy is next. Stupid c-section apron.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,116 Member
    Options
    1) You cannot spot reduce. Fat comes off where the body wants and that means during the process often things don't look very good.

2) I took a quick look at your food diary, assuming you are measuring your food carefully, you are eating far to little. 2090 calories is your goal, and you are often logging less that 1500 which is the minimum for a male. You do not want to eat too few calories and have too big of a deficit because it will result in excessive lean mass loss which will give you the skinny fat look.

3) You should eat more protein. Your protein goal seems ok, but you are not coming close to reaching it largely because you are not eating enough. It could be a little higher, but trying to get to your current goal would be a good place to start. You need more protein because when losing weight your bodies need for protein is higher. Lifting weights adds to that need.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    shooot where do i sign up for the shift
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    When people get liposuction from their belly sometimes they get more fat in boobs and butt and legs, so I guess that instead of the glue and staple gun you could get a handy-vac and, um....

Or just keep losing weight, the fat will go away. From wherever it is.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    nfpswife wrote: »

Do you think my local handyman hank store has this stuff? I'm a total do-it-yourselfer, so I feel like it can't be more difficult than dry walking.....right?

He should. At my local shop there's a weight loss section near the wood chippers (which can also be used for rapid weight loss).