Starting: 250lbs. When did people notice your weightloss?

Options
FlabToFitty
FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys and gals just out of curiosity when did people notice your weightloss?

Preferably answers by someone 5'5-5'7 and starting weight around 250lbs! Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I started at 248 pounds and 5'6", people started noticing after I'd lost about 25 pounds.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I started 230 lbs, I'm now at 202, no one has really noticed.
  • deanne525
    deanne525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started at 230 and am 5'7. ive lost 18lbs so far. A couple people have said they have noticed...I think mainly because I tend to lose in my face first. I would think most people would really start to notice around 25-30lbs
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Not this time, but last time for me...around 30 pounds down from starting, which was more like 260.
  • carsonheim
    carsonheim Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm at 249 and down only 7 pounds but someone today asked me if I was losing weight. I think that like deanne525 I lose it in my face first.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Within two to three months people really noticed.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser noticed the other day. But he hadn't seen me for 7 weeks. I think he'll be the main one to notice since he only sees me every 6-7 weeks, Those who see me every day will probably not notice for a while (I've lost 18 pounds so far and the only change *I* know of is that I can fit into my navy blue pants again).
  • nikkicokc
    nikkicokc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started out at 285 and I'm 5'7. People noticed for me at 25-30lbs and then everyone started noticing pretty rapidly over the next 10lbs. It's been kind of an exciting boost to keep going. Keep it up!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 3" and started off at 242. people started to notice when i had lost about 20 pounds.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    4 weeks for you to notice a change, 8 weeks for those you see regularly, 12 weeks for those you don't see often.
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering guys! This has got me excited to lose more weight! Thanks
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started at 216 and I'm 21 lbs down - No one has noticed.

Well, except for my mother, who I honestly don't really believe she actually sees a difference, but she's trying to be encouraging. Gotta love moms :)
  • BuffyBourbon
    BuffyBourbon Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started at 289, 5'8. Family noticed at 15 pounds. Close female co-workers at 20. Acquaintances were AMAZED after not seeing me for 6 months, when i'd lost 30. Male co-workers and female co-workers that I don't work with as closely either still haven't noticed, or are afraid to say anything, at 60. I'm going with they're afraid to say a word for fear of a SH complaint. =)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at 265. Down almost 35lbs so far and not a dicky bird! I've really started to notice the loss myself in the last few lbs so I'm hoping for a couple of nice compliments soon!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    People as me if I've gotten a new haircut or dyed my hair or something. I just smile and say, "Maybe..." (I've had the same hairstyle since 1996...)
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started at 232 and am now at 174. I'm 5'4" and no one really noticed until I had lost 25-30lbs. Even then, it was only a few people. Around the 40 lb mark, a lot more people started to comment. Incidentally, my son (age 7) thinks I got shorter :-)
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Started at 286, 5'7". People began to notice the losses in my face around 25-30 lbs. At 50, many began to notice in general. Now at 73, and I am getting the "wow" reactions, especially from those that don't see me everyday.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    262 starting, 5'4". People started noticing around 30lbs. Changed jobs, people started noticing around another 30lbs.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started at 275, now 255. Nobody has noticed yet.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I started at 236...im 5'5". Non family members started commenting around 200lbs. Im now down 70+ and get comments left and right.