Incredibly disappointed in myself...

Options
I was doing so well...I started at 272 and got down to 177 before heading to florida for a week for vacation. Normally, when I go on vacation I do splurge a little but I still workout and only go up like 5-7 pounds from sodium, water retention, and flying, but this time, I dont even want to weigh myself now that Im home. I didnt workout once while I was there, besides walking around a lot, and I splurged more than I should have. I was also very constipated from traveling and didnt poop for 4 days which didnt help my bloating feeling. Now im just down in the dumps and disappointed for getting so off track and im struggling with getting back to a strict diet and workout routine. I know I shouldnt be so hard on myself and I know I need to just make better decisions but its hard when Im feeling so low about myself.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I know easier said then done, but try not to be so hard on yourself buttercup. So maybe it set you back a few pounds, I KNOW it didn't set you all the way back and you can get to where you were before, just don't give up
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    We all make mistakes. You relized that, not move forward, and take off what you out on. You did it once, and now it is a lot less you have to take off. Take this as a learning experience.
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If it only takes a few days to get off track it will only take a couple to get back on. Look at it that way
  • heyaliwood458
    heyaliwood458 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know ive come so far but I just get so discouraged when I get off track.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I know ive come so far but I just get so discouraged when I get off track.

i know, I do as well .. in fact imo i think everyone on this board could attest to that. just try not to be so hard on yourself :smile:
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You have come too far to turn back now. You have done a wonderful job and you can't let one mistake get in your head and make sacrifice the progress you have already made. I know I've done this before and it has gotten me to where I am now. Every day I have to make sure that I am not too hard on myself as it makes you think "What the hell!" and give up. Don't give up on yourself. Ask yourself this question. "Do I want to be 277 lbs again?" I'm sure the answer is no so pat yourself on the back for how far you have come, be understanding of your mistake and get on with the job at hand.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    The only way to fail is to stop trying.

It sounds like you had a great vacation - remember it as being fun, not as being the time when you 'screwed up'. Don't beat yourself up about it, everyone needs a break now and again!

I bet it's not as bad as you think - get back on the scale and see what the damage really is, then you know where you're (re)starting from. If you're struggling with diving right back in, then just change a couple of things at a time like you probably did at the start.

Look how far you've come already - you've made some amazing changes, and you definitely have the ability to pick yourself up and move on now!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The point of vacation is to relax and get away from the norm...What's wrong with that? Now you're back so get back on it. But you can't tackle what you don't know so get on the scale see the damage, refocus and do what you know how to do. The longer you let ill feelings linger the harder it will be
  • heyaliwood458
    Options
    You guys are all right and i really appreciate you all writing to me. Im definitelty not giving up :) ive got this and i will get back on track. I have to remember that this isnt just a quick fix, its an entire lifestyle change.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else. Basically by not getting on the scale and going back to what you were doing its like getting a hole in your car tire and then saying "omg forget it all what's the point" and slashing the other 3 tires of your car breaking the wind shield and smashing in the doors with a baseball bat. Not smart. Just get the hole fixed and more on.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a fun vacation to me
  • heyaliwood458
    Options
    I had a great time and was able to eat the foods i had been craving. I know this set me back but i also know it didnt destroy me and i know that this life, sometimes youll be down and sometimes youll be up. Ive got this.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a great time and was able to eat the foods i had been craving. I know this set me back but i also know it didnt destroy me and i know that this life, sometimes youll be down and sometimes youll be up. Ive got this.

I bet you'll get on the scale and it won't be as bad as you thought.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Step 1. Weigh yourself.
    Step 2. Smile that you don't still weigh over 200 pounds.
    Step 3. Carry on.
  • karmpaul
    karmpaul Posts: 15 Member
    Options

s'all good player, it happens. I went hard at the taco bell a few weeks ago. you're young, you arent running out of time; use as much of it as you need