Why is very hard to loose weight but easy to gain weight ? ??

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So are you counting calories?
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I actually think losing weight is super easy. Trying to maintain that loss is a whole different story.
  • hokagenoob
    hokagenoob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ginamcy wrote: »
    mejiaruth wrote: »
    My problem is that I love sweet.

I feel you!!!! Stop eating sweets and you will se results i belive is that when you go on a diet you cut down all sweets then a few days pass you go crazy and start eating all the sweets again

So then what happens you are right back where you started
    How about putting a goal on losing weight slowely then you wont gain weight so fast

Ughhhh exactly me T-T
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Like water, we always try to follow the easiest path. Given opportunities our bodies will want to do the least work, earn the most reward. (Fortunately or unfortunately) we're in an environment that has lots of these opportunities. Imagine if you were in a place like ...North Korea, you had to be the Dear Leader to gain weight :)

It's difficult because you are literally fighting against Nature, the natural order of things.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was a psychiatrist. He told me, "Weight loss is basically an exercise in pain tolerance."
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I know two women who disagree with that premise. One had to gain weight for a surgery and said it was incredibly difficult, she is used to drinking coffee all day and has a little appetite because of it. The other has dental problems and avoids eating due to the pain. I'm at peace with my moderation issue in comparison.
  • ah283884175
    ah283884175 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's not that it's hard to lose weight and easy to gain it. If you think about it ,it takes time to gain weight just like it takes time to lose it. However gaining weight is more enjoyable which make it seem easier whereas diet and exercise is not so much enjoyable well to some people.
    Why is very hard to loose weight but easy to gain weight??

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "food tastes good" category. Interestingly, I had a roommate in college who thought all food tasted bad and for whom eating was an unpleasant chore she forced upon herself. She didn't have an eating disorder, but a genetic mutation in her taste receptors.

She struggled to maintain a minimally healthy weight.
  • fabatr50
    fabatr50 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ooh I share your frustration. I can work hard for a month and put it all back on in few day's! I then feel so disappointed in myself.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    because french fries taste better than celery...

Most definitely This!! hahahaha
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets everyday, but i fit them in my calorie allotment and still lose 1-2 lbs a week. You can have fries too its all about moderation. Alexia 98% fat free fries are good and only 100
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It is really easy to eat 3500 calories in a day. But once those calories are in your body you are kinda screwed. lol
    Filling up your gas tank takes 5 minutes but burning that gas takes days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Because the through physiology, the body is very good at storing energy, but has to be pushed to give it up. While our agriculture and access to foods have changed GREATLY over the last couple of thousand years (and most recently in the the last 50 years), human physiology hasn't changed for over a couple of hundred thousand years. Due to reduced access to food back then, the body's main goal was to store as much energy as it can.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It's not that it's hard to lose weight and easy to gain it. If you think about it ,it takes time to gain weight just like it takes time to lose it. However gaining weight is more enjoyable which make it seem easier whereas diet and exercise is not so much enjoyable well to some people.
    Why is very hard to loose weight but easy to gain weight??

Agreed. It's not as easy to gain weight as one would think. Bulking (gaining) takes time and effort too. I watched my best friend try his hardest to bulk up some and it was hard for him. Truthfully, I feel like it was harder for him to gain than it was for me to lose.