Needing a workout plan/and partner

Options
Hey guys,

My name is Destani and I'm new here. I'm wondering if anyone has some advice on some things I can do to switch up my workout as well as someone to help motivate me. I'm 5'1 I started off at 226lb lost the 6, then 2 more, and now I'm at 221. This was all in the span of 4 weeks. Sometimes I feel like I don't get full enough and that Idk what kinda stuff I should be eating. I did tear my rotator cuff last summer so please go easy on the arms but I do need to strengthen it. I work on a hog farm so I walk for about 2-3 hrs a day and then I work out for about an hr to 2hrs 4 or 5 days a week. I'm trying to figure out how to keep myself healthily full, lose weight, and find a workout plan thay challenges me just enough. Please let me know any advice you have! Thanks!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Hi Destani - sounds like you already get plenty of exercise, but maybe you can get your doctor to refer you to a PT to design a plan that won't aggravate your rotator cuff..

To help you with the food angle, please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    In my experience weight loss is 80% eating right and 20% exercise. So I would suggest start by filling your profile, and then your diary to keep track of what you are eating. If you make it public, others can also look at it and give you suggestions.
  • dlangfor1420
    dlangfor1420 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hi Destani - sounds like you already get plenty of exercise, but maybe you can get your doctor to refer you to a PT to design a plan that won't aggravate your rotator cuff..

To help you with the food angle, please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Okay I've made it public. Please check it out and give me your feedback when you get a chance. I have some weaknesses but I really am trying. It's hard to change lol.
    As for the PT that's a great idea. I need to get to the doctor anyway it's been a couple of years maybe more. I'm also feeling very low on energy most days. So I should see what's going on.
  • dlangfor1420
    Options
    hiker583 wrote: »
    In my experience weight loss is 80% eating right and 20% exercise. So I would suggest start by filling your profile, and then your diary to keep track of what you are eating. If you make it public, others can also look at it and give you suggestions.

Okay thanks! I was hoping I could eat what I want and just sweat it off lollll but okay I just went grocery shopping and tried to get more of the lean easy meals for lunch rather than bringing something in that I've cooked for dinner..breakfast is tough because I usually eat something I can drive with (I have a hard time waking up in the mornings and usually have enough time to pop two waffles in the toaster or a bagel and call it breakfast). Do you know of better ideas for quick healthy breakfast that would give me enough energy for work?
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You can always hard boil some eggs the night before? Eat that with some toast for some good protein/carbs for the day. Can throw in some fruit too? You can try a healthy omelet with some fresh vegetables (go light on the cheese)? Some people even make oatmeal the night before and microwave it and add fruit and honey!
  • dlangfor1420
    Options
    n1cholee93 wrote: »
    You can always hard boil some eggs the night before? Eat that with some toast for some good protein/carbs for the day. Can throw in some fruit too? You can try a healthy omelet with some fresh vegetables (go light on the cheese)? Some people even make oatmeal the night before and microwave it and add fruit and honey!

Okay thank you those are great ideas! I have some hard boiled eggs usually throw them on a salad but I'll save some for breakfast with toast. I've loaded up on diced mangos and applesauce as well. Now I'm not entirely certain how to make omelets so I'll have to look that one up lol
  • Bettina82
    Bettina82 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi! I have been struggling with feeling hungry all the time since I started back to MFP 15 days ago. I started increasing my protein and water intake and it has been helping. Greek yogurt is a favorite of mine. I also try to have some cooked chicken in the fridge so it's on hand to put in a wrap or salad. Protein shakes are good too... I get one that is low in sugar :)
  • dlangfor1420
    Options
    Bettina82 wrote: »
    Hi! I have been struggling with feeling hungry all the time since I started back to MFP 15 days ago. I started increasing my protein and water intake and it has been helping. Greek yogurt is a favorite of mine. I also try to have some cooked chicken in the fridge so it's on hand to put in a wrap or salad. Protein shakes are good too... I get one that is low in sugar :)

Awesome I'm glad there's someone out there who feels my pain! What kind of protein shake are you using? I don't think I've ever tried Greek yogurt before. Are you cooking your own Chicken or buying it precooked?
  • Bettina82
    Bettina82 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I like premier protein drinks from SAMs. They come in a box of 12 I think. There's 1g sugar and 30g protein per drink. Chocolate is my favorite :) Oikos makes yummy Greek yogurt. I get the triple zero vanilla and have half a cup with fruit and 2 tbs granola. For the chicken I cook it at home. My poor family gets tired of chicken because I cook it so much!
  • dlangfor1420
    Options
    Bettina82 wrote: »
    I like premier protein drinks from SAMs. They come in a box of 12 I think. There's 1g sugar and 30g protein per drink. Chocolate is my favorite :) Oikos makes yummy Greek yogurt. I get the triple zero vanilla and have half a cup with fruit and 2 tbs granola. For the chicken I cook it at home. My poor family gets tired of chicken because I cook it so much!

Awesome! I really thank you for your feedback and help. Trying to get on the right path here!
  • kshama2001
    Options

Okay I've made it public. Please check it out and give me your feedback when you get a chance. I have some weaknesses but I really am trying. It's hard to change lol.
    As for the PT that's a great idea. I need to get to the doctor anyway it's been a couple of years maybe more. I'm also feeling very low on energy most days. So I should see what's going on.

I'm anemic and when that's untreated I'm really low on energy. Things to get tested other than iron levels are your thyroid, and Vitamin B & D levels.
  • kshama2001
    Options

It was easy for me to give up some of my weaknesses when I realized they were making me weaker. I'd be hungry after your breakfasts and snacks - they don't have nearly enough protein for me.

Looks like your macros are set to 60% carbs, 16% fat, and 24% protein. I feel fuller on more fat and protein. I would feel ok on that amount of carbs only if they came from foods like legumes. Flour carbs are very unfilling for me, and I have to carefully balance them with sufficient protein.

It also looks like you could pick better entries from the database:
    • I know the 'Generic - Pulled Pork Sandwich' entry isn't right because it lists no protein, which is impossible.
    • Is the 'Homemade - Chicken & Spinach Penne Pasta, 2 cup cooked' something you did yourself in the recipe builder? It looks like it has too much calories and protein.
  • dlangfor1420
    Options

It was easy for me to give up some of my weaknesses when I realized they were making me weaker. I'd be hungry after your breakfasts and snacks - they don't have nearly enough protein for me.

Looks like your macros are set to 60% carbs, 16% fat, and 24% protein. I feel fuller on more fat and protein. I would feel ok on that amount of carbs only if they came from foods like legumes. Flour carbs are very unfilling for me, and I have to carefully balance them with sufficient protein.

• I know the 'Generic - Pulled Pork Sandwich' entry isn't right because it lists no protein, which is impossible.
    • Is the 'Homemade - Chicken & Spinach Penne Pasta, 2 cup cooked' something you did yourself in the recipe builder? It looks like it has too much calories and protein.

Wow I really appreciate your feedback! I didn't even notice that about the pulled pork sandwich smh! I'll have to go further into detail on those things then. But I made my own spinach Chicken penne pasta. So I just search it on the app and see what sounds like it the most. So more protein and fat to fill me up. What are your Marcos set on?