What is your favorite tea?

Options
megzchica23
megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
I really like to drink Stash Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea during the day and Clestial Seasonings Sleepytime Peach before bed.

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Teavana's Capital of Heaven Keemun. Alas, they discontinued it. :/ Golden Monkey is a close second.

That's for loose leaf tea. For tea bags I like Tazo's Awake English Breakfast.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Stash's Licorice Spice for herbal.
    Otherwise a Jasmine Green or a good Earl Grey.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    quesera6 wrote: »
    i HATE tea with a passion and im not a fussy eater at all.. but to my surprise i do like twinnings liquorice tea!

It takes time to find a tea that you like. I didn't use to like tea but I go to an anime convention every year. My sister and friend are both super into the lolita fashion and wanted to go to the tea party. So I went and tried a pomegranate green tea and fell in love with it. From there I just started experimenting till I found teas that I liked.
  • K_deng
    K_deng Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There's no way I can choose just one favorite tea, but I would recommend Tieguanyin Anxi "Monkey Picked" oolong. It's one of my favorite oolongs. I love the deep, richly sweet flavor and the very fresh, stone-fruit aroma. Soft yet complex, this wild-grown Tieguanyin is oxidized slightly less than the traditional 50-70%, more like the modern-style Tieguanyins. This is the type of oolong that is often referred to as ‘Monkey-picked Oolong’, one of the more confusing terms in all of Chinese tea vernacular. I tend to believe the tales of tea-plucking in such remote places and on such rugged terrain that it required the assistance of trained monkeys to access the plants. The fable is also considered to be a possible antithesis to the white tea of the Emperors, plucked only by white-silk-gloved-virgins. Who knows definitively about the lore, but the tea tastes fantastic!
  • megzchica23
    Options
    K_deng wrote: »
    There's no way I can choose just one favorite tea, but I would recommend Tieguanyin Anxi "Monkey Picked" oolong. It's one of my favorite oolongs. I love the deep, richly sweet flavor and the very fresh, stone-fruit aroma. Soft yet complex, this wild-grown Tieguanyin is oxidized slightly less than the traditional 50-70%, more like the modern-style Tieguanyins. This is the type of oolong that is often referred to as ‘Monkey-picked Oolong’, one of the more confusing terms in all of Chinese tea vernacular. I tend to believe the tales of tea-plucking in such remote places and on such rugged terrain that it required the assistance of trained monkeys to access the plants. The fable is also considered to be a possible antithesis to the white tea of the Emperors, plucked only by white-silk-gloved-virgins. Who knows definitively about the lore, but the tea tastes fantastic!
    I have never tried oolong tea, so I will have to give this a try. I love the story too. Haha
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Long Island
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oolong tea is so good!! I have been drinking this green tea with ginger from the local health food store. It's grown locally and made by the Mennonites. I am absolutely addicted to it!
  • megzchica23
    Options
    Oolong tea is so good!! I have been drinking this green tea with ginger from the local health food store. It's grown locally and made by the Mennonites. I am absolutely addicted to it!

I have to stay away from tea with ginger, it makes me sick. :(
  • alinanra
    alinanra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    K_deng wrote: »
    I would recommend Tieguanyin Anxi "Monkey Picked" oolong. It's one of my favorite oolongs

I really like TieGuanYin too, but my favourite is a Chinese clack tea called JinJunMei. It has a accented caramel flavor and it is not so acid as the British style black teas. It leaves a pleasant fresh aftertaste.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love cozy chamomile tea. I have a cup every night. I haven't tried the Sleepytime Peach. That sound good! :smile:
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I really like Chai (spicy tea) or mango green tea. For herbal, right now I'm loving the Snore & Peace from Clippers before bed :)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    alinanra wrote: »

I really like TieGuanYin too, but my favourite is a Chinese clack tea called JinJunMei. It has a accented caramel flavor and it is not so acid as the British style black teas. It leaves a pleasant fresh aftertaste.

Yes, the Capital of Heaven and Golden Monkey are very much like this, which is why I love them so much. And I totally forgot about the Monkey Picked Oolong! That stuff is amazing.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    I love cozy chamomile tea. I have a cup every night. I haven't tried the Sleepytime Peach. That sound good! :smile:

It is really, really good!!! I love it and I also love the blackberry pomegranate but our Walmart stopped carrying it. I have to go to Homeland for my Peach. I'll probably just start ordering them online though. Tired of stores getting rid of things I love.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    I really like Chai (spicy tea) or mango green tea. For herbal, right now I'm loving the Snore & Peace from Clippers before bed :)

I got a mango green tea for my fiance to try. He loves mango stuff. He hasn't tried it yet though. I'll make him a cup with his breakfast this weekend.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Long Island

+1
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Chamomile or Peppermint are my go to teas.
  • ravendyebrown
    ravendyebrown Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Camomile tea is my favorite, I drink it all the time
  • ravendyebrown
    ravendyebrown Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    white tea is also gr8, luv that toooooooooooo
  • megzchica23
    Options
    quiarga wrote: »
    Chamomile or Peppermint are my go to teas.
    Both are very nice. I like peppermint in winter.