Has anybody lost 50lbs in 4 months?

Options
Has anybody lost 50lbs in four months??

What was your starting weight?

Replies

• mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't been going for 4 months yet, but I started at 351, and am down 23.4 lbs in 49 days.

At that pace* I'll be down 57.3 after 4 months.

*Unlikely, but I'll try to remember to update when I get there. If you're reading this, Hi future me!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    That would be an average loss of over 3.1lbs a weeks which is not safe. If you were really obese (over 400lbs) it might (emphasis on might) be possible but if you only have 50 lbs to lose, it is not going to happen.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    That's over 3lb a week, which is a big ask. If your starting weight is in the 300s it might be doable, but if it's a question of let's say 175lb to 125lb, then it's highly unlikely. Healthy, sustainable weight loss is 1-1.5lb a week, so if you said 1.5lb a week that would be 100 weeks rather than 50.

What's the rush?
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs in about 4.5 months at the start of my journey, but my starting weight was 324 lbs.

It's possible if you have a loooot of weight to lose (150 lbs+), but I wouldn't count on it happening if you've only got the 50 lbs to lose.
  • kacowgill99
    kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    In 103 days I have lost 58 lbs.

SW: 273
    CW: 215
    5'8"
    Male
    29 years young

I changed my diet and became more active, but no regular trips to the gym.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    I've lost half that in half the time twice, but my thinking about food was disordered, I gained the weight right back, and I don't recommend it.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    It's possible but it's tough.
    I was losing between 16 and 22 pounds last year, starting at 286.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not in 4 but I apparently did 54lbs in 5 months 2 years ago today (thanks for telling me Timehop!) So I guess I did 252-198. I'm 172cm (just under 5'8") and it was done on keto (with a deficit obviously!) and no exercise because I was lazy.
    I've since added a bunch of walking because it's harder to eat at a deficit the smaller you get. I went from 252-156 in 14 months, slacked off and gained 28lbs in another 14 months but I'm back on track and have lost 10 of the 28 since the end of Feb.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I started at 289.5lb in november and am now at 237lb. I don't starve myself, anything but, but I am very active. I'm pretty sure the weight loss is going to slow down pretty soon, surprised it hasn't already tbh. But that's fine as I'll be happy with 1lb/week.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I did, almost exactly, when I first started out. I began dieting in in the beginning of December 2013 at 238 pounds. At the start of April 2014, I was at 188 when I went on vacation. The experience was pretty awful. I had to restrict calories to an absurd level for a 5'10" male doing daily cardio. I was eating 1300-1500 calories and burning 400-500 a day running. I didn't know any better, so that's what I thought it took.

While on vacation, I didn't restrict myself. It felt so good after such severe levels of restriction that I didn't go back to calorie management in any meaningful way until December 2014, by which point I had gained 33 pounds back. I've spent the last year getting back to 188 the right way, using a sensible, maintainable calorie deficit.

It's not a race, OP, and many people who lose weight that quickly share my results.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Not in 4 months. I did it in 5 months starting at 286, with a target of losing 120 lbs. to reach my goal weight.
  • lostgoals
    lostgoals Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 pounds in 39 days (currently) mostly eating better with some added exercise. But I have a lot more to lose so my numbers won't be the same as yours!
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It took me about 5 months to lose my first 50... Started at 245, got down to 195 in 5 months.
  • KatherinePM
    KatherinePM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 in 4 months.
  • KatherinePM
    KatherinePM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 in 4 months.

Started at 84 kgs to 66 kgs in 4months. Now I'm in between 63 - 64 kgs. For me it got harder when I got into the mid average BMI range.

Ps not sure how my conversion is I'm metric so I'm just guessing.
  • kylegeldmaker
    kylegeldmaker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have lost 54 lbs since January 18th.
    SW 320
    CW 266
    GW 185

I've made a huge change to my diet and exercise 7 days per week.
    I do 45 mins on treadmill (HR at 65%-75$)
    Strength training with active rest, usually a compound movement with a plyometric exercise.
    Then another 20 mins of normal speed walking.
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you are starting from totally.
    I have lost 12 lbs since January because i started at a normal weight.
    Was 155 (at 5'6) in January and am now at 143.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs in 4-5 months. My starting weight was 255 though.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 in exactly 7 months but it took 7 months to lose the next 20