To My Fellow uncordinated weight loss friends.

Options
Rdsgoal16
Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
Hi! I just wanted to throw in a small word of encouragement. You can do this, in my 105+ plus day journey I remember doubt, frustration and confusion. Keep logging, keep trying to hit calorie goals and try to move more, anything you can do.

I posted this because I am offering one bit of advice that has really helped me, I am kind of a uncoordinated dork and I walked the track at my local YMCA watching the group fitness guys and gals and secretly wanted to do the class. They offered Les Mills Body Combat, they laughed, sweated, had hard driving music. Three weeks ago I worked up the courage to try a class. I felt like I was always two steps behind and out of rhythm. I am attending my 10th class tonight and I love it. I encourage anyone to try it. The class made some huge strides in improving my balance, cardio and flexibility.

I am 41 pounds down and have 50+ to go, if I can do it anyone can!

Good luck and feel free to friend request me, I think I am a great cheerleader. I am also on fitbit add me here https://www.fitbit.com/user/3X6663

Rob

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration. Keep up the good work
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how getting into this we have no idea what to really expect. Losing weight . . . how hard can it be??? There are emotional and physical things that come with changes in diet that we never expected and then we add exercise and struggle but if we keep at it one day we start to realize what our bodies are really capable of. It is an amazing experience.

As much as I like working out, in 3+ years I have only had the courage to try one workout class . . . maybe I will try again!

Thanks for sharing and good luck.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Great post, thank you for sharing your story. Keep up the good work!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    In the past I've skipped trying a lot of classes due to my uncoordinated dorkiness. Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully it speaks to some people that are nervous to try a group class.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! I too have kept a journal and love looking back over my accomplishments.
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Rob! I'm also an uncoordinated dork. Extremely uncoordinated dork. I attempted Zumba months ago, and felt like a complete failure. Maybe I should try it again. ;)

Congratulations on your success! Keep up the great work! :)
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing Rob! I'm also an uncoordinated dork. Extremely uncoordinated dork. I attempted Zumba months ago, and felt like a complete failure. Maybe I should try it again. ;)

Congratulations on your success! Keep up the great work! :)

I think you should! I am motivated to try some other classes.
    Rob

• 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Oh man I just tried a workout video where you're supposed to dance like your at a club... thank goodness no one else was around because the ladies in the video were sexy, but I was certainly not! Before I messed up my leg I was doing a weekly zumba class at my gym and NONE of us (except the instructor) were coordinated. Which made it very fun :) I can't wait to go back and just hope that no one good has joined since.