Changes in clothing sizes

Options
This is going to be a short post. But I just wanted to say....The biggest confidence booster ever when losing weight is when you realize your jeans, or other articles of clothing don't "fit" the way they should anymore. It's a real confidence boost to go out shopping even if it's just browsing and find what size does fits, sometimes the difference is shocking. I don't have a lot of money, but I did this. And I'm not sure, women's jeans sizes vary depending on brand, but I now sit around a solid size 3/4. I used to wear a size 10/12 at my heaviest weight. So I got a pair of size 4 jeans for just under $20 as my budget allowed, and now I feel pretty confident. I haven't been this size in a long LONG time. I just wanted to say, if I can do it, you can do it! Spread the encouragement :)

Replies

• megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I won't need to buy new clothes when I drop weight. I have clothes all the way from size 8 up to size 16. I am really sad that I just found really cute jeans in size 16 before I decided I needed to lose weight. I really like them. :( But I do have some decent size 8 jeans. I will be glad when I get back to that size. I also miss all my nerdy t-shirts which are all a small and I wear a size large now.
  • Vampireneko
    Vampireneko Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I won't need to buy new clothes when I drop weight. I have clothes all the way from size 8 up to size 16. I am really sad that I just found really cute jeans in size 16 before I decided I needed to lose weight. I really like them. :( But I do have some decent size 8 jeans. I will be glad when I get back to that size. I also miss all my nerdy t-shirts which are all a small and I wear a size large now.

I know the feeling, I have a pikachu hoodie - which is a large (which used to fit me) and now does not. I mean, it is the opposite, and it's a good feeling but at the same time, frustrating. Lol. Clothes are a touchy subject *sigh* But honestly, you go girl! You can do it :) And I'm sure once you can wear those size 8's (or anything in between - for that matter) You will feel better and better each time. !!! :D
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I know exactly what you mean! :smile: The clothes that I started out with are far too big on me but I'm too cheap to want to go buy new ones. Although this past weekend, I decided that I needed to at least grab a couple new outfits because I didn't want to go around with baggy clothes. At my heaviest, I wore a size 22 jeans. I wasn't sure of my new size so I grabbed a couple sizes. I grabbed a 16 and tried it first just for the heck of it and to my shock, they fit!! :smile: I felt like crying!! I can't wait to see where I go from here. Again Great job and keep it up!!!
  • Vampireneko
    Vampireneko Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I know exactly what you mean! :smile: The clothes that I started out with are far too big on me but I'm too cheap to want to go buy new ones. Although this past weekend, I decided that I needed to at least grab a couple new outfits because I didn't want to go around with baggy clothes. At my heaviest, I wore a size 22 jeans. I wasn't sure of my new size so I grabbed a couple sizes. I grabbed a 16 and tried it first just for the heck of it and to my shock, they fit!! :smile: I felt like crying!! I can't wait to see where I go from here. Again Great job and keep it up!!!

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!! Great job! Fantastic change, you're doing so well, keep it up you're a rockstar ! :D Such a great feeling!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You should go to Goodwill/savers
    Can get lots of items for $20
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Last summer my shorts where a 4X and this summer same kind of shorts are a XL and are a little big i have lost 90lbs. First time in many many years that im not in plus size
  • 76sher
    76sher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not going shopping after weight loss as I have sizes 8-16 in my closet and my 16 are snug so that is why I'm here. Encouraging to here about your loss, looking forward to when I can go in my closet and get into my smaller clothes and this time when I am out of the bigger size I will get them out of the house and not keep them there for just in case!
  • cglouie
    cglouie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I felt exactly the same way. I started at a size 14 (but highest was 16) and now I'm an 8, almost a 6. The excitement and confidence level was through the roof when I discovered I got down to a single digit dress size! I haven't been this small since I was a teenager.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've been watching what I eat for almost 3 months and I've gone from 34inch to 32inch and most of my clothes are comfortable again. Still got a lot left to lose though.