What supplements to help with 100lbs weight loss?

Options
Davidziki
Davidziki Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
trying to lose 80lbs, what supplements or powders or anything, that could HELP me??

Replies

• MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    A calorie deficit, exercise, and willpower. No supplement or powder is going to make you lose 100lbs. Sure some may marginally help, but at the end of the day they're supplements not magical potions.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hard work and determination is all you need. I've lost 130+lbs with way with no pills other than a daily multivitamin.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Logging intake and getting it right from the get go!! Supplements are not needed.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    If any such thing existed no one would be overweight.
    Green tea for some reason helps me. (liquid, not pills).
    I stopped and gained. Started again and lost again. 3 cups a day. I like Bigelow brand
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Eat things that keep you full longer

Don't skip breakfast

If you really want to take something, look up whey powder/drinks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey_protein

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Protein powder can help, but is by no means necessary. I might as well tell you that egg whites and tuna help. They do the same thing: provide a low cal high protein food.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Long term calorie deficit MIGHT become an issue so it wouldn't hurt to take a general purpose multivitamin. Other than that, supplements are only necessary if you are actually deficient in some micronutrient.
  • alliecat40
    alliecat40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have using a supplement for the first time and it gives me that little edge to stay on the right path. I have lost 18lbs in 3.5 weeks. I agree with the people above you still have to get going and work hard. The supplement just makes it easier.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    alliecat40 wrote: »
    I have using a supplement for the first time and it gives me that little edge to stay on the right path. I have lost 18lbs in 3.5 weeks. I agree with the people above you still have to get going and work hard. The supplement just makes it easier.

how exactly does it make it easier
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D - Determination
    Vitamin C - Confidence
    Vitamin A - Attitude (Positive)
    Vitamin C2 - Consistency
    Vitamin K - Knowledge
    Vitamin B - Brutal Honesty
    Vitamin S - Self Reflection (WHY did I find myself at this weight? What decisions did I make to bring me here? What do I need to do differently to help me not gain this weight again?)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Davidziki wrote: »
    what supplement have you been using?

Please be careful with statements like the one above your comment. People who are hesitant to mention the name of the product or ask you to message them for details are often trying to get around the terms of service to sell you something or promote something that's against the rules.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    OP, how old are you?
  • derrickturner
    derrickturner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    alliecat40 wrote: »

What are you taking I would like the help
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Powders, pills, teas...they're all woo (mostly scamwoo). You don't need them.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    OP, how old are you?

Yes. This...