Beachbody

Options
2»

Replies

• Ketzalitzli2
    Ketzalitzli2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do Piyo but I have to admit I am interested in the 21 day Fix also. I might have to go ahead and do that one as well. I hear some good things about it. :)
  • jennilocker
    jennilocker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just ordered CIZE and have done the streaming video for the last 2 days while I wait on the delivery. It's a good workout but it doesn't kill you.

• jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I thought T25 was a great intro and lead up to something more intense. I switched over to Insanity and love it, though I think I would have gotten frustrated early on if I hadn't started with T25 to acclimate my body to the exercises
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    The free weights section.

Best answer. Hands down.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    sceleratis wrote: »

Best answer. Hands down.

Not really..

1- Some people don't like/want/or can afford going to a gym
    2- Some people can't afford to buy all the free weights for home use
    3- Free weights aren't going to do as much to improve your cardiovascular health, flexibility, endurance such as a program like Insanity will
    4- She specifically asked about BeachBody programs so in the end his post was just a troll job

To be clear I'm not saying cardio > free weights. I do a heavy dose of both.

To the OP can you be specific what your goals are? It would be easier for me to suggest a program for you if I knew what you were trying to achieve. BeachBody offers a ton of different programs that range from easy to insane, as well as strength/resistance to full on cardio. Insanity is probably the best all around program. If you want a structured lifting program Body Beast is king. P90X is amazing for body weight and resistance with plyo.

If I had to rank them by my favorites...of the ones I own:

1- Insanity
    2- Body Beast
    3- T25
    4- Insanity Max 30
    5- P90X
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have done quite a few of them, so here are my picks:

1 - Piyo, I lost about 8 pounds on it but a lot of inches. It was great!
    2 - P90x3 (Tony makes me laugh)
    3 - 21-Day Fix the routines can be rough or not as rough and I LOVE that she doesn't only use rock hard body models
    4 - Insanity Max 30 (love seeing the models tap out, it seems more "real")

I tried Cize and while it was fun, I would rather go to Zumba. T25 was okay but I'd rather do P90x3
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are they all high impact? I would love to do insanity but my knees can't hold out to too much jumping around!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Best answer. Hands down.

Not really..

3- Free weights aren't going to do as much to improve your cardiovascular health, flexibility, endurance such as a program like Insanity will
    4- She specifically asked about BeachBody programs so in the end his post was just a troll job

To the OP can you be specific what your goals are? It would be easier for me to suggest a program for you if I knew what you were trying to achieve. BeachBody offers a ton of different programs that range from easy to insane, as well as strength/resistance to full on cardio. Insanity is probably the best all around program. If you want a structured lifting program Body Beast is king. P90X is amazing for body weight and resistance with plyo.

1- Insanity
    2- Body Beast
    3- T25
    4- Insanity Max 30
    5- P90X

Actuaaaally it wasn't. My transformation in all 3 of my pics is from purely free weights and following set programs involving free weights. So take it as you will, but I'll still stand by free weights for building a better body than machines or at home programs.

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Actuaaaally it wasn't. My transformation in all 3 of my pics is from purely free weights and following set programs involving free weights. So take it as you will, but I'll still stand by free weights for building a better body than machines or at home programs.

Cool your ripped. Awesome. Your post was still a troll. It would be akin to me going into a thread asking "favorite free weight routine at the gym" and me posting "Insanity"

• lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The point was the OP was specifically asking about Beachbody programs. Your response of "use free weights at the gym" wasn't very helpful. At all.

Best answer. Hands down.

Not really..

1- Insanity
    2- Body Beast
    3- T25
    4- Insanity Max 30
    5- P90X

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    hcolligan wrote: »
    Are they all high impact? I would love to do insanity but my knees can't hold out to too much jumping around!

My favorite is Les Mills combat which does have jumping but they offer modifications to keep it low impact so you have the option.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Insanity, followed by TurboFire HIIT 30 workout that I still do once a week. I've also done and still like; Insanity Max 30 as well as Focus T-25.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give a one sentence description of each BB program, pointing out the differences between them? I've looked at the BB site and they don't give much concrete info. The only one that makes ANY sense is Piyo. Thx.
  • Latane180
    Latane180 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix. Turbo Fire for cardio.
  • LORIMCX
    LORIMCX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hcolligan wrote: »

My favorite is Les Mills combat which does have jumping but they offer modifications to keep it low impact so you have the option.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I use turbofire for my cardio days. I like P90x too when I want to take a break from my normal lifting schedule. But it does take longer to do than my normal workouts.
  • misschellechelle
    misschellechelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    PiYo!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is my favorite. You can modify it and not jump (each workout had a modifier to watch for low impact). It is total cardio though.

Right now I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme and mixing in PIYO and Turbofire on some of the non-lifting days. You do need some weights or resistant bands for ChaLEAN Extreme. I use a lot of Jillian Michael's programs and like her straight forward comments but Chalene Johnson uses a "nicer" way to motivate.

I recently got a copy of P90X and previewed one workout that had a lot of pull-up variations which means you would need a pull up bar. I found Tony Horton kind of annoying and already know the workout are super long so have not attempted it yet.