Lost 50lbs in 4 months?

FlabToFitty
FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
Has anybody lost 50lbs in four months?
What was your starting weight?

Replies

• Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    I've lost 35 in ten weeks so I'm headed that way lol ! I started at 314 !
  • FlabToFitty
    Wow!! That's great well done! :smiley:
  • marlanak
    marlanak Posts: 11 Member
    I started at 316 and I'm almost done with 3months and I've lost 42 . so it can be done! :)
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    I started at 285 and lost 42lbs in 4 months. I'm now down 102lbs in 11months.
  • zgiarc
    zgiarc Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2016
    I started at 284 eleven weeks ago and I am down to 251 currently. I hope to get pretty close to 50 pounds in 4 months - that's the current goal at least.

Edit: I am a 44 year old male, 6'1"
  • jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2016
    I weighed 296 Dec 14th and now weigh 236 March 23rd. So in 3 months and 9 days I lost 60 pounds eating 1400 calories and walking/jogging. And a good metabolism/fast thyroid.

It is probably on the high end of the bell curve but my blood pressure has dropped significantly and I feel like a million bucks. So I'll trade some of the bad with the way I feel today any day.

Edit: I am a 6'1, 41 year old (today in fact) male.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    I started at 367 in early January and today checked in at 320.8 for a 46.2 loss in 2+ months. 5'10", 29 yo male. I've cut my calories to between 1200-1300 with my doctors oversight and also am exercising avg 75 mins a day with cardio and strength training. I'm not too far removed from being a high school and college athlete so I'm used to pushing myself physically when working out.

So it's certainly possible, but it's not easy. When you have more to lose (as i certainly did) it'll come off faster
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    edited March 2016
    41 pounds in 110 days, started at 299. Feel amazing! So I am on track, but its slow going now 1-2 pounds a week. 46 years old and I am dropping the hammer 3x a week in body combat burning 1000 calories an hour. I walk everyday for 30 minutes and am doing some light weight work. Oh and I bike a little Cheers and good luck!
    Rob
  • EmilyNan
    EmilyNan Posts: 24 Member
    I lost close to 45 lbs in 4 mos... And that was through the whole holiday season. 50 lbs in 4 mos is doable.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    I lost about 56 lb in my first four months, started close to 320.
  • csillabrimer978
    csillabrimer978 Posts: 90 Member
    I lost 55 in 7 months, went from 169 to 114 lb. First 25-30 lb came right off, after that the process took longer
  • StuartKeto
    StuartKeto Posts: 4 Member
    Lost 52LB in 4 months 3 weeks. Started off at 266lb now 212lb. Minimal exercise only 2 days a week. LCHF is how.
  • michaeyayyyy
    michaeyayyyy Posts: 67 Member
    Am you to this but since installing ten days ago but only tracking food past week I have lost 10 lbs do far and I feel better now the app is amazing.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    If someone is under 250lbs, not likely, but if over that weight very possible.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    I lost approximately 40lbs in just over 4 months. I went from about 190 lbs to 150lbs, or a size 14/16 to a 8/10. I'm 5'8".

I too am doing a very LCHF diet.
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    I was 247 when I started on July 20th and 190 on November 19th - 57 lbs in 4 months. I was bordering on morbidly obese - I wouldn't recommend losing that quickly if you're not significantly overweight. My rate of loss has slowed significantly as I've gotten closer to my goal weight. I'm 51 years old, watch my calories and work out hard every day doing strength training and cardio.
  • FlabToFitty
    edited March 2016
    patesq wrote: »
    I was 247 when I started on July 20th and 190 on November 19th - 57 lbs in 4 months. I was bordering on morbidly obese - I wouldn't recommend losing that quickly if you're not significantly overweight. My rate of loss has slowed significantly as I've gotten closer to my goal weight. I'm 51 years old, watch my calories and work out hard every day doing strength training and cardio.

Hi! We had the same starting weight pls give me tips on how you did it! ! Would love to lose that much in four months just need some advice!
  • FlabToFitty
    Thanks all for the reply!!
  • godfreaf
    godfreaf Posts: 1 Member
    I just hit the down 50 mark today. Weighed in at 239 on 1/1/16, so it's been a little less than 3 months. I did it with Weight Watchers, and cutting down on the pizza, wings, and alcohol...
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    patesq wrote: »

Hi! We had the same starting weight pls give me tips on how you did it! ! Would love to lose that much in four months just need some advice!

Nothing terribly special. I log my food carefully, even bought a small scale to stick in my purse for meals away from home, stay within my calorie goal every day, and work out regularly, both cardio and strength training. Found substitutes to reduce calories - low carb wraps (50 calories), use plain Greek yogurt with ranch mix for mayonnaise, pizza with a cauliflower crust, chicken parm with spaghetti squash instead of pasta, and protein pancakes. I really watch portion size. When I'm at the gym, I really work and strive to improve every day whether it be lifting more weight or going a longer distance on a cardio machine or increasing the resistance.

Best of luck and feel free to friend me if you'd like!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!