Ex smoker ready to be healthy!

Options
I quit almost 2 years ago, now time to take off the weight that caused ugh! Still worth it but ready to be fully healthy!!

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I quit a 3 pack a day habit June 1, 2014. Best decision of my life.
    Easier breathing makes exercise so much better. :)
  • aprillwoodley626
    aprillwoodley626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I quit a 3 pack a day habit June 1, 2014. Best decision of my life.
    So very true! Best decision I've ever made!
  • RottieFurMomma
    RottieFurMomma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm only in the first few days of non-smoking. Last time I quit I put on 35lbs in 12 months. That just felt terrible. Now I'm back at square one and ready to stay quit again but need to ensure I don't pack on massive weight and suffer other health issues. Perhaps we can help each other?
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    I would appreciate that !!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's no myth, is it? What has helped me here is pre-logging my food. If you try to eat instinctively after giving up an oral fixation like smoking, you're almost certainly going to start eating more. (For that matter, the same goes for exercising more and stimulating your appetite.) But you can avoid that if you make your food-volume choices very, very conscious for a long enough time to build new habits.
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    It's definitely not a myth and now I'm relearning healthy habits! It's tough but getting easier every day..
  • TooShortForThisWeight
    Options
    Congrats! I quit after 13 years in 2012. Best things I even did
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options

Congrats !!!! Best decision ever!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. You should be really proud of yourself. I lost both my parents to smoking related disease (mum had COPD, dad had lung cancer). I remember being a child and so dearly wishing they'd look after themselves better. You've got this !!!! Really well done!!
    And welcome to MFP. x
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    well done :) Me too!
    I quit cold turkey six months ago after 20 years of smoking and gained 13lbs in the next 4 months. I've lost 8 of these for the last month or so and have 5 more to go. (Well, then I have to lose another 25 which I gained the two years before that lol)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im also a ex smoker
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    well done :) Me too!
    I quit cold turkey six months ago after 20 years of smoking and gained 13lbs in the next 4 months. I've lost 8 of these for the last month or so and have 5 more to go. (Well, then I have to lose another 25 which I gained the two years before that lol)
    That's awesome! You beat cigs you'll beat those last few pounds!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Wonderful. You should be really proud of yourself. I lost both my parents to smoking related disease (mum had COPD, dad had lung cancer). I remember being a child and so dearly wishing they'd look after themselves better. You've got this !!!! Really well done!!
    And welcome to MFP. x

Thank you so very much!
  • Deroised
    Deroised Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting! I quit at the beginning of this year and am just now starting to feel strong about not smoking. There are still moments where if I think about it too much I start to crave one bad. Stupid cigarettes.

Good luck!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I quit nearly 10 years ago and put on 50lbs like overnight. Just in the past month or so I fell off the wagon and am having 1-2 a day. I'm going cold turkey on 4-1 so I'm likely to be a raging b!tch
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    I quit nearly 10 years ago and put on 50lbs like overnight. Just in the past month or so I fell off the wagon and am having 1-2 a day. I'm going cold turkey on 4-1 so I'm likely to be a raging b!tch

Lol I hear you on that !!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    Deroised wrote: »
    Congratulations on quitting! I quit at the beginning of this year and am just now starting to feel strong about not smoking. There are still moments where if I think about it too much I start to crave one bad. Stupid cigarettes.

Good luck!

That's so awesome!! Congrats and you got this! Unfortunately it's something we will always deal with, there are times when lit cig smells like heaven to me still 2 yrs later! Good luck to you!
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! I hit my 1 year anniversary on February the 4th and haven't looked back. Cheers to good lungs and health!! And now it's time to get in shape!!
  • jlcnuke
    jlcnuke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I quit August 26th, 2014. I put on ~45 lbs since then. Doctor said quitting slows down the metabolism so I needed to exercise more after quitting. Now I'm trying to exercise more and eat fewer calories so I can get rid of 40-50 lbs.
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting!!