My high blood pressure, and my kids.
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My wedding!
  • Fizeau
    Fizeau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cash. Myself and 3 poker buddies pledged $50 each to the guy who lost 40lbs first. I hate giving cash away. Now down 25. It was the quick to keep on track until the numbers started rolling.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Health. Wanting to live a full life.
    Feeling good and being in less pain is very motivating.
  • yassinelmeniawy
    yassinelmeniawy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1. To have a fit body
    2. the girl I have a crush on
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Vanity. And bc I like a pair of shorts I bought last summer and I want to wear them again. I also enjoy people Telling me I look smaller
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good and look good. For my wife!- She is HOT
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    To be a good role model to my daughters was my primary reason to lose weight. These days, I can play with them all day and not tire out before them.

But now, if I drop my flux range down 3kg, I'll no longer have to water load to make weight for competitions. Removing that stress will be awesome!
  • KatherinePM
    KatherinePM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wanna be hot!!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm vain. And my bf is younger than I am. So I want to ensure that he won't be tempted by hot 25-year-olds. I know. I know. There are no guarantees in life. But a girl can try.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    I'm vain. And my bf is younger than I am. So I want to ensure that he won't be tempted by hot 25-year-olds. I know. I know. There are no guarantees in life. But a girl can try.

My wife is ten years younger... I get you!
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Gonna cut to the chase and just cop to it: Vanity.

+1
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ....How amazing I feel and look now that I am slim :smile: yep, thats what motivates me to keep focused (been maintaining my goal weight for 3+ years) :smile:
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1. I want to look good again
    2. I don't want the health problems my dad has
    3. I really want to wear shorts again without feeling self conscious
  • dwaterfield
    dwaterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So many reasons....I want to look better. I want to lower my blood pressure. My family has a history of diabetes and heart disease. I want to be around for (hopefully) grandkids some day.

But right now I have a really specific reason. I am taking a group of Boy Scouts to Philmont this summer, which is a high adventure camp in New Mexico. We'll be covering 70+ miles over 12 days on the mountain trails. I have to be under 220 by June 30th or I won't pass the physical. I'm currently down 51 pounds since late September, 21 to go...
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Looking in a mirror and seeing a fat person plus arthritis and i want to be around for my family i have lost 92lbs with about 58lbs to go
  • eharn02
    eharn02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be the frumpy mom at the ballpark this summer. it's important to feel good in my own skin and to be a good example for my kids. My reasons have changed over the years -- different stages of life! :smile:
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a terrific personal trainer/gym instructor and while she doesn't call me up if I don't make it, she keeps working out fun and motivation so I WANT to go to the gym. I also know how much better I feel after working out and eating properly, which is enough motivation for me to keep on.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    My son. He's energetic and full of life and I want to be able to enjoy that zeal with him.