I wanna lose weight but I love food too much

Options
13»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Any of us who were overweight all loved our food (and still do!), its about finding the balance and moderation of those things that are calorie dense. It depends on how much you long to be slimmer? For me I wanted it bad enough that I was prepared to calorie count and improve my fitness, it took time to re-educate myself on that but I've never looked back. It takes time to make new and better habits but they can and do stick if we persevere :smiley:
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    The trick is to learn to love the food that loves you back.
  • marissam08
    marissam08 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love food, too. But I love myself and family more, that is why I'm here, unhealthy eating habits brings all type of illnesses and I do not want myself and family go thru that!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Haha I ate 3 chocolate bars two days ago and just went to the gym and forced myself to run fast until I burned the calories that i wasn't supposed to have.
    When i used to be really thin, I'd eat pastries, but I did the same thing and was fine.

So I suppose you can eat what you can if you can burn it off.

:( That's not a healthy approach and you don't have to burn it off if you eat something. You are always supposed to have calories, if you don't you die, so just make sure you don't have too many calories and you can enjoy whatever food you want. Feeling guilty about eating anything is a recipe for failure.
    eldamiano wrote: »
    So, in other words, you dont really want to lose weight. Its kind of like saying that I want to tidy my house but wont do the washing up, hoovering, ironing or cleaning because I like watching TV too much.

If I was rich, I'd have a housekeeper. I totally would. (What is 'hoovering'?)

Hoovering is vacuuming I think. It's British, you know ;)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Haha I ate 3 chocolate bars two days ago and just went to the gym and forced myself to run fast until I burned the calories that i wasn't supposed to have.
    When i used to be really thin, I'd eat pastries, but I did the same thing and was fine.

So I suppose you can eat what you can if you can burn it off.

:( That's not a healthy approach and you don't have to burn it off if you eat something. You are always supposed to have calories, if you don't you die, so just make sure you don't have too many calories and you can enjoy whatever food you want. Feeling guilty about eating anything is a recipe for failure.
    So, in other words, you dont really want to lose weight. Its kind of like saying that I want to tidy my house but wont do the washing up, hoovering, ironing or cleaning because I like watching TV too much.

If I was rich, I'd have a housekeeper. I totally would. (What is 'hoovering'?)

I've been on MFP for so long, I'm practically hovering, myself.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    What if you look at it like you have the rest of your life to eat the foods you want? If I look at it like that, I can see vast amounts of whatever I want. I just can't have it all at once.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Just log your food and exercise accurately on mfp. Weigh yourself at a consistent time of day, week, or month. Use the Reports feature to examine your trend of weight and calories. If you observe that the trend or weight is to increase, then you yourself decide what to change about it. We don't stop eating food. We just make better choices of the food we eat.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with loving food, what is possibly wrong is the type of food you love (often) and the quantity of food (almost always). Maybe review and adjust those two, and you go a long way. The other problem is that you "wanna" lose weight. The mindset should be that you "hafta" lose weight before you will give this a real try I think
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    All of this. I don't deprive myself of much -- completely. I go by the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I move more, eat better, eat less. 20% of the time I either have a rest day or a yummy not so healthy snack.

I find that filling in my meal plan ahead of time helps me stay on track, and account for special treats here and there. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, but there's no quick fix.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

There you go.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Yes, it is. :smile: Because (years ago, at least) Hoover made the most popular vacuum cleaners in the UK so using them became known as "doing the Hoovering". Just like nowadays people don't "search the internet", they "Google" - or you "Velcro" something together. Hoover became a verb and not just a brand name. :smile:

(By the way, Velcro Industries hate that!)
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can love food but still be in control of how much and what you eat. My two biggest tips:

1. Plan ahead. If you want a favorite treat, work it in your day. If you know you have a night out at a restaurant or a party, plan your week around it (don't eat 100-200 calories per day and bank them for the event)
    2. Start an exercise program. The more you move, the more you get to eat.

Good luck, and remember your attitude each day will determine your success.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You can eat what you want but in smaller portions. Portion control sucks, there's no way around it. I fight a daily battle with not eating more than I should. A lot of the tips on this thread are great but a lot of times it just comes down to mind over matter. You have to want to lose weight more than you want food.