Stay at home mom. Needing motivation for exercising.

Options
Im from Missouri & have started this life change at the beginning of March at 223 (I'm 5'6"). I got this app 6 days in & my weight March 6th was 218. I weighed this morning & now 24 days later I'm at 207.8. I stay between 700-1000 calories per day so I'm assuming ng that's the reason I've lost so dramatically. I was doing Zumba in my living room in the morning but need to switch it up or something. I have a 4 & 2 year old at home so its a challenge to break a sweat. I've got the eating pretty under control but I need motivation to exercise especially during days we're inside all day & can't run & play outside.

Replies

• kshedler
    kshedler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I work part time and have joined the gym, but most days I can't get there because I'm home with the kids. I struggle mainly on the eating side. I'm very picky and it is SO easy to just snack all day when I'm home. Have you tried any HIIT videos on You Tube? Those usually make me work up a sweat. I also do Cize at home after the kids are in bed (not regularly).
  • smorris142896
    smorris142896 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home mom, but I lost all of my weight at home using videos. They make finding time to workout so much easier. There's a few options such as beach body ondemand and daily burn which you pay monthly subscriptions (like 12 bucks) and you have 100's of workouts to chose from. Best of luck finding what works for you!! :)
  • bigcountry0430
    bigcountry0430 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Keep it up good work up. Stay positive and take it day by day. You're doing an amazing job and will get to were you want to be.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Music and power cleaning!
  • MissouriMommy3
    MissouriMommy3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kshedler wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat! I work part time and have joined the gym, but most days I can't get there because I'm home with the kids. I struggle mainly on the eating side. I'm very picky and it is SO easy to just snack all day when I'm home. Have you tried any HIIT videos on You Tube? Those usually make me work up a sweat. I also do Cize at home after the kids are in bed (not regularly).

I was the same way. I would just get bored, sad, happy, or mad & eat. I had a huge habit of making extra good for dinner so I could have seconds then I would eat all the leftovers on all 3 of my kid's plates. I'm unfamiliar with the workout video world. A friend of mine introduced me to Zumba do I have 3 songs that I do back to back.
  • MissouriMommy3
    Options
    I'm not a stay at home mom, but I lost all of my weight at home using videos. They make finding time to workout so much easier. There's a few options such as beach body ondemand and daily burn which you pay monthly subscriptions (like 12 bucks) and you have 100's of workouts to chose from. Best of luck finding what works for you!! :)

I have a few friends that are Beach body consultants but too nervous for that. Besides this app, only my husband & my Dad know about my journey. I will check out the workout for Beach body ones though. Thanks.
  • MissouriMommy3
    Options
    Keep it up good work up. Stay positive and take it day by day. You're doing an amazing job and will get to were you want to be.

Thanks.
  • MissouriMommy3
    Options
    Music and power cleaning!

Thanks. Second cup up coffee then I'll try. Every movement helps.
  • Bettina82
    Bettina82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at home with a sick kiddo on a rainy day! On days like today I try to clean the house, go up and down the stairs a lot, and try to get 8-10k steps. I'm sure I look pretty silly walking in place doing laundry and washing dishes! I have been thinking of trying some at home workouts. A friend of mine loves the beach body workouts. Good luck!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. You might want to try increasing your calories so your weight loss is more sustainable. As far as workout DVD's have you ever tried any of Jillian's workouts. I love 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones. Those are all great workout you can do at home. You can find them online, as well.

ETA: I couldn't agree more with the comments below. You really need to consider increasing your calories. Do you weight and/or measure your food? You can learn a lot from this website and the people here that have been successful. You can still eat all the foods you enjoy and lose weight. Learn to do it the correct way and it will stay with you for a lifetime. You will also be passing down a healthy lifestyle to your children. (not saying you aren't now, but just learning to have a healthy balance will be good for everyone)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Im from Missouri & have started this life change at the beginning of March at 223 (I'm 5'6"). I got this app 6 days in & my weight March 6th was 218. I weighed this morning & now 24 days later I'm at 207.8. I stay between 700-1000 calories per day so I'm assuming ng that's the reason I've lost so dramatically. I was doing Zumba in my living room in the morning but need to switch it up or something. I have a 4 & 2 year old at home so its a challenge to break a sweat. I've got the eating pretty under control but I need motivation to exercise especially during days we're inside all day & can't run & play outside.

Bolded is why you are not motivated to exercise. Your body needs FUEL. Crash dieting isn't healthy. MFP minimum default is 1200 NET. That's 1200+exercise.

If you don't try to lose so fast, exercise can actually make you feel more energetic.

There are tons of on-line sources for exercise one of my favorites is Jessica Smith TV.

http://jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bettina82 wrote: »
    I'm stuck at home with a sick kiddo on a rainy day! On days like today I try to clean the house, go up and down the stairs a lot, and try to get 8-10k steps. I'm sure I look pretty silly walking in place doing laundry and washing dishes! I have been thinking of trying some at home workouts. A friend of mine loves the beach body workouts. Good luck!

If walking in place (while doing laundry) ever gets old.....here's another option

www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    If you keep eating that low you're going to risk burning out and overeating at a later date.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I guess I wouldn't fancy doing very much if I tried to exist on 700 cals a day. :|
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    leslie sanson walk videos on youtube i do her 4 mile walk and 3 mile walk while kids play on floor they are my motivation.. my son's are 8 mths and almost 2.i burn 900 calories doing those i am 240 ish and 5'1
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • MissouriMommy3
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the good & hard replies. I weight & measure all my foods. I believe you all are right about not eating enough. If I just add a few snacks through out the day, I will probably feel a a LOT better. I made it through about 15 minutes of Jillian Michaels video. I guess I should've started with level 1 instead of 2. Haha
  • brandyphillipsrocks
    brandyphillipsrocks Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and I just found a gym that has free child care. It's small, instructor lead classes and women only for most of the classes. I've only been going two weeks but so far l love it.