Feel like quiting / not worth it

Options
2»

Replies

• yassinelmeniawy
    yassinelmeniawy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Honestly I cant thank each and everyone of you guys enough , you guys really made it clear for me and motivated me , and got me back on track
  • yassinelmeniawy
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    When I see your profile pic, and can't help but note that you took a "before and after" comparison after 16 days... I can't help but wonder if you could be a little impatient. That in combination with your comment of "dieting and doing cardio on and off" makes me think you struggle to stick with things unless you see immediate results.

The hard truth is this will take time and you won't see results unless you stick with it. Hopefully the realisation that you don't have to cut out whole food groups and you can eat the things you like within your calorie allowance, will help you stick with things a bit better. But it will still take months, not weeks.

Also... pick up some weights!

You are right I do wanna see immediate results , I will hold on
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, if your entries are correct then I see exactly why you are starving. I'm 2x your age and 150lbs and I'm rating 2x what your are eating. Your profile says that you are 18, which I kind of doubt but losign weight isn't like a touchscreen, you can't just tap a button and presto instant deletion
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Eating%20Right_zps4gbrqnjd.png

This should be posted in threads along with the flowchart. OP, there is no need to cut anything out of your diet. Eating at a calorie deficit is what is needed for weight loss. Keep your diet balanced; you can make better choices while simultaneously eating foods you enjoy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Of course you're starving, you're eating way too little. What's the rush?

Also, you know that you can edit serving size in your diary, right?
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Maybe now is not the right time for you.
  • yassinelmeniawy
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Of course you're starving, you're eating way too little. What's the rush?

Also, you know that you can edit serving size in your diary, right?

I did not know that , Thank You !
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Try and find some friends on here that have similar goals as you. You can make a post with your age, height, weight and goals. You can use your friend's diaries as inspiration. If you see someone similar to you consistently dropping the weight, you instantly have a free diet plan that should work for you by looking at their food diary.

The longer you stay on the diet, the more you start to question food choices. That muffin or bagel might seem too calorie expensive to you and you won't even crave them anymore. For real, I work in a camp 2 weeks a month where it's an all access pass to all the food you can imagine - I rarely slip cause I know I will be upset when I go to log the food.

As well, your stomach really does shrink after time. 2 slices of thin crust pizza and a small side of Cesar salad will have my stomach aching for an hour over how full it made me. Slow down when you eat and enjoy each bite.

Advise for everyone - stop watching tv or playing with your phone when you eat. No more mindless snacking cause if you don't remember eating your food, you will have a tougher time putting off your next craving. You can also use water to fill yourself up. It's not instant, but after a half hour or so, you don't feel as hungry.

I am down 46 lbs in 95 days, which is really quick, but no matter how fast you lose it, it never feels fast enough. Look at it as if you started 2 years ago, how incredibly I shape you would be now. Sad part, I lost a ton in 2013 and never kept up with it. Don't let that be you!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Honestly I cant thank each and everyone of you guys enough , you guys really made it clear for me and motivated me , and got me back on track

Good for you! Well done for recognising good advice and taking it on board. Good luck.

If you have any more questions, just ask in Community. I'd also recommend reading the "Announcement" Helpful Posts at the top of the forum list.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads