Healthy cookware

Options
K_deng
K_deng Posts: 12 Member
I am looking for new cookware. I prefer the kind with a rubber handle. I need a frying pan, skillet, saucepan, chili pot. The only decent cookware I can find is on best non toxic cookware

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I use stainless steel or cast iron pots and pans. They are very durable and safe.
  • CreoleRose
    CreoleRose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you can get your hands on some old Corningware Visions amber cookware (notthe new stuff--the old stuff, which was made of somewhat different materials), it is safe, easy to clean, you can see through it, and it maintains pretty even heat. I have the small, medium, large and extra large saucepans/dutch oven and absolutely love them. Don't have the skillet, but expect it performs just as well. Bought them on either eBay or Etsy (here's an eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/corning-visions-cookware). The "vintage" Corningware is safe for ovens, but I understand the new stuff isn't.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    CreoleRose wrote: »
    If you can get your hands on some old Corningware Visions amber cookware (notthe new stuff--the old stuff, which was made of somewhat different materials), it is safe, easy to clean, you can see through it, and it maintains pretty even heat. I have the small, medium, large and extra large saucepans/dutch oven and absolutely love them. Don't have the skillet, but expect it performs just as well. Bought them on either eBay or Etsy (here's an eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/corning-visions-cookware). The "vintage" Corningware is safe for ovens, but I understand the new stuff isn't.

Oh my! I remember getting a set of Visions years ago as a wedding gift :)
  • TarahPyka
    TarahPyka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    both stainless steel and cast iron have a learning curve but are worth it, i use both
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I am also on the Stainless steel and cast iron wagon.
  • sabulaboys4
    sabulaboys4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use cast iron frequently. All of my cooking stuff is old and what I was raised with. Sorry to change directions from your question but I would like recommendations on non stick frying pans. Something that a could fry an egg in without lubricant and have it not stick to the pan