Peanut butter powder

I love the Jiff brand peanut butter powder. I add it to my oatmeal and you can't tell it isn't the real thing. But what else can I do with it? No smoothies. Any ideas?

Replies

• GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    I use it for anything I'd use peanut butter for - sandwiches, bananas topped with it or even frosting on protein donuts.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Add to yorgurt. Make protein pancakes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Yep, love it in yogurt and I actually like to reconstitute it and pour it over pancakes. I also put it on frozen yogurt and lower calorie ice cream.
  • arditarose
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    I use it for anything I'd use peanut butter for - sandwiches, bananas topped with it or even frosting on protein donuts.

Please give me protein donuts?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Mixed in with yogurt and cottage cheese. Yum!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I use it to make peanut sauce with chili paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and some water.
  • GymRatSF
    @arditarose - I can't risk giving you my protein donuts, next you'll want my protein cheesecake. :D

How about a protein cupcake?

mu7y8sg22k4d.jpeg

• arditarose
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    @arditarose - I can't risk giving you my protein donuts, next you'll want my protein cheesecake. :D

How about a protein cupcake?

mu7y8sg22k4d.jpeg

OMG. I've always meant to make one of the Protein Chef's cheesecakes but am so lazy. And I want to make the lowest cal one so I can eat the whole thing lol
  • GymRatSF
    arditarose wrote: »
    OMG. I've always meant to make one of the Protein Chef's cheesecakes but am so lazy. And I want to make the lowest cal one so I can eat the whole thing lol

I'm too lazy to make one of the Protein Chefs. Mine are pretty basic. Can't say I've ever eaten a whole one of mine in one sitting but it is about 930 calories for the whole thing depending on what protein powder I use.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Never heard of it before. Thanks for asking about it.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Dip apples in it
  • puddintot
    puddintot Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • elroyalty
    elroyalty Posts: 30 Member
    btw... have you tried pb2 powder - personally, i think it's about 4000 times better than jiff, dunno why, just creamier or something after adding the water ... (could just be me tho) - i get it at walmart or from amazon
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    edited March 2016
    I dump a half serving of the chocolate flavored pb2 in coco wheat with a scoop of chocolate protein powder and some light cashew milk to make a huge chocolate/pb breakfast porridge
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    sarsather wrote: »
    Dip apples in it

I haven't had PB2 with Apples yet, but will have to try it sometime.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    elroyalty wrote: »
    btw... have you tried pb2 powder - personally, i think it's about 4000 times better than jiff, dunno why, just creamier or something after adding the water ... (could just be me tho) - i get it at walmart or from amazon

Sorry for question not related to the OP's question but I'm curious about peanut butter powders - when you mix, say, 2 tbsp of the powder with water, does it make about 2 tbsp of peanut butter? I want to try it as a replacement to regular peanut butter but a couple reviews have said that 2 tbsp of powder mixed with water makes a really tiny amount of peanut butter?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I like it in iced coffee...but I also use it as a dip for pretzels, fruit, ceareal, put in yogurt or milkshake
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    ghouli wrote: »

Sorry for question not related to the OP's question but I'm curious about peanut butter powders - when you mix, say, 2 tbsp of the powder with water, does it make about 2 tbsp of peanut butter? I want to try it as a replacement to regular peanut butter but a couple reviews have said that 2 tbsp of powder mixed with water makes a really tiny amount of peanut butter?

Well, you mix 1 Tbl. of water with 2 Tbl. of dry powder. So it's not a real big serving.....but it's 45 calories. If you need to make a serving and a half, it's not such a big deal.
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    To answer the question about volume when you add water:

I reconstitute PB2 (peanut and chocolate flavors) and Jiff (roasted peanut flavor) powdered peanuts with water only. If I follow the recipe (2:1 ratio of powder to water) it's too thick. I wind up playing around with it until I like the consistency so the total amount that I get varies.

I currently use it with rice cakes and fruit. But after reading your suggestions I'm breaking out the hot cereal for chocolate peanutty porridge, the yogurt for cold and frozen treats and definitely the chili paste and rice vinegar for peanut sauce! Thanks for the great ideas!!!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    I use it with my protein powder in almond milk in the morning...it tastes just like there's PB in it, but lets me save my calories (and is a lot easier to blend quietly when I'm trying not to wake my baby up quite yet).
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    ghouli wrote: »

Well, you mix 1 Tbl. of water with 2 Tbl. of dry powder. So it's not a real big serving.....but it's 45 calories. If you need to make a serving and a half, it's not such a big deal.

Ah okay. I was just wondering because I eat peanut butter pretty frequently and if I go through a thing of PB powder really quickly trying to make my normal amount of peanut butter and had to buy it often, I would just stick to regular peanut butter to save $$. I'll have to just try it for myself. Thanks for your answer :)
    lantana411 wrote: »
    To answer the question about volume when you add water:

I reconstitute PB2 (peanut and chocolate flavors) and Jiff (roasted peanut flavor) powdered peanuts with water only. If I follow the recipe (2:1 ratio of powder to water) it's too thick. I wind up playing around with it until I like the consistency so the total amount that I get varies.

Thank you!
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    I've been putting mine in yogurt with fresh strawberries and a little granola it's my more nutritious PB&J it's delicious
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Chocolate PB2 mixed with water until *just thick enough* then smeared on slices of apple.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Where do you get it?
  • arditarose
    Where do you get it?

The grocery store...Or GNC.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Where do you get it?

More stores seem to be carrying it. When I see it in a store, it's by the regular peanut butter. Target (if yours sell groceries) has PB2. Wal-Mart carries PB Fit. Even Trader Joes has their own store brand.

It can be pricey, but Amazon sells (less expensive) peanut flour. Read the reviews, there is a brand that an MFP user swears is better than PB2.

Nutrition stores also carry it.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    puddintot wrote: »
    I love the Jiff brand peanut butter powder. I add it to my oatmeal and you can't tell it isn't the real thing. But what else can I do with it? No smoothies. Any ideas?

My 'skinny cookbook' uses it in a beef stir fry that I have been dying to try but haven had time yet... Message me and I will send it to u if ur interested... I have read reviews which ranks jiff highest in taste... What do u think so far.... Skimmed the rest of thist post quickly and saw a lot of oatmeal and chocolate and as I hate sweets for Breakfast and limit certain foods I dint get too involved. Hope I am not late to the table as it were.....
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Where do you get it?

More stores seem to be carrying it. When I see it in a store, it's by the regular peanut butter. Target (if yours sell groceries) has PB2. Wal-Mart carries PB Fit. Even Trader Joes has their own store brand.

It can be pricey, but Amazon sells (less expensive) peanut flour. Read the reviews, there is a brand that an MFP user swears is better than PB2.

Would you happen to know which Peanut Flour that user swears by?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Thowe92 wrote: »
    Where do you get it?

Would you happen to know which Peanut Flour that user swears by?

I think all peanut flours are much of a muchness. They should be 100% pulverised peanuts
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    I use "naked PB", order it from Amazon. It doesn't have any sugar.