Leg photos before and after

Options
Hey all. It is amazing to see all the before and after photos that people post, but more often than not, they have pants on. What I'm looking for are before and after photos of legs, mostly thighs. I carry A LOT of fat on my thighs and the cellulite is pretty bad. I'm really scared of what they are going to look like once I lose weight. Most "before" photos I see the person's thighs still look really good. No cellulite and they don't look like they have the gross, jiggly fat that I have. They still look pretty solid.

So I'm hoping someone, somewhere has a before photo of their "fatty" thighs and an after photo that will give me some idea of what I can maybe expect.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here's a comparison I made last fall specifically zoomed into my legs.
    dicgewaaq0g8.jpg
    The 2013 picture isn't my heaviest. I didn't start taking progress pictures until 2013 (my heaviest was in 2012).
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great idea OP! I'm in for this too! I'm so worried about the back of my legs and kinda just expect they aren't going to look very good. My thighs have gone from 28 in. to 24.5 in.( last time I checked) with much more to go. So yeah, yay pics!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great job Shadow2soul!
  • bigblueeyes1
    bigblueeyes1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    dicgewaaq0g8.jpg
    The 2013 picture isn't my heaviest. I didn't start taking progress pictures until 2013 (my heaviest was in 2012).

Awesome job :) Your legs look great and this was exactly what I was looking for!!
  • vintage_diamond
    vintage_diamond Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've always had an issue with cellulite on my legs too. And it would be a challenge even when I was thin, because I would loose weight and the cellulite would look worse. But I realized that was because I was loosing muscle. So the best tip I can give is to make sure you exercise while loosing your weight! Building some muscle or trying to retain some of your muscle will help reduce the appearance of cellulite. I walk 5-6 times a week for anywhere between 60-80 minutes after work. I also use a Fitbit to track my steps throughout the day. I think this has really helped in improving the cellulite and preventing it from getting worse as I loose more weight.
  • xokit
    xokit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my hips thighs and legs.. think this a great idea! Following!
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    dicgewaaq0g8.jpg

Amazing!
  • Urbanetta
    Urbanetta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done Shadow2Soul! Your legs look fab AND toned. Many women carry weight on hips and thighs, I know I do. I have a relatively small waist but then it all goes, literally, pear-shaped! So your pix will give me inspiration to keep going. Thanks for posting.
  • Urbanetta
    Urbanetta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I meant to add I also use Fitbit to track steps and it's very useful. Walking really does help keep you toned and if you're logging steps, you'll probably do far more than you would otherwise.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    I have an in-progress, but it may not help much - not a great photo, and I'm way older than you. Around my SW of 183 on the left, around 147 on the right, IIRC. Truthfully, they don't look that much different to me . . . at least until you realize that those are the same pair of red shorts in both photos. The fit is pretty different. nzd8x7iypbl8.jpg
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Not thighs, but calves.

These boots were a snug fit a year ago.

49955D07-D4C2-4A22-B633-5866D60C533E_zpsuyat6wzr.jpg
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow all these pictures so inspiring!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ippi7d967o3y.jpeg
    Probably not quite what you had in mind but..
    I took this pic a couple of weeks ago as I was amazed by the gap I'd never seen before when legs bent totally together.. calf squashed to back of leg
    This is 143lbs
  • PolishedGoodz
    PolishedGoodz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    dicgewaaq0g8.jpg

Wow! Great work!! :smile:
  • bigblueeyes1
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Not thighs, but calves.

These boots were a snug fit a year ago.

49955D07-D4C2-4A22-B633-5866D60C533E_zpsuyat6wzr.jpg

Wow this is encouraging as I had posted something awhile ago asking if my calves will shrink if I lose weight. I never had big calves until I started to gain weight. Thanks so so much for posting and keep up the great work!
  • bigblueeyes1
    Options
    ippi7d967o3y.jpeg
    Probably not quite what you had in mind but..
    I took this pic a couple of weeks ago as I was amazed by the gap I'd never seen before when legs bent totally together.. calf squashed to back of leg
    This is 143lbs

When I was in high school I was 113 lbs (I'm 5'2). As thin as I was I NEVER had a thigh gap. This is something to be proud of my friend! Awesome :)
  • lalittaazouz636
    lalittaazouz636 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    nice job, and way to get a guy's attention....legs...lol...You look great!
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Aw thanks! You all made my day!

I must admit my family now call me chicken legs, my weight sits round my middle but seems to have come off shoulders and legs first!
  • NeverSometimesTV
    NeverSometimesTV Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    r603zdgtz051.png
    legs.PNG 491.1K
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!