New here too

Options
HI All,

Started three days ago and love it. The app for the blackberry is perfection. makes me more aware of how many calories I take in a day. I am hoping to reach my goal by my Birthday of being down 25lbs!! Let's hope it happens. I am a Zumba instructor and love it I have already lost 20lbs by teach classes but it is time now to kick it up and watch more carefully what I eat. I LOVE food and this is helping me make better decisions. Here's to us all completing our tasks!!

Replies

• bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! :D I too use it on my blackberry which is so useful since I eat out a lot. I also LOVE Zumba! It's an addiction of mine actually :laugh:. Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to add me.
  • cyndy5157
    cyndy5157 Posts: 1
    Options
    Zumba>? i heard of that what is that? Is it like dancing? where do i get classes of even videos for that?
  • amymiller54
    Options
    Cyndy,go to the Zumba website for all classes or even buying the videos. I suggest the classes though. Way more fun and you meet such amazing people at them. :glasses:
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Zumba is REALLY fun and a great workout!
  • amymiller54
    Options
    LOVE Love love Zumba! Such an addiction. I quit smoking 2 years ago this past April and gained 50lbs now i am down 20 from that. I want to lose another 26 to be at the weight I was before quitting. Every extra piece helps!! I think Zumba is my passion and has got me to where I am know. I have picked up running, and now this. I will get to my goal weight, there is no doubt there!! and with a support system I am not worried that it will continue in the right direction.
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    I have been on the site for about the same amount of time. I started this Monday and I am loving it too! I have the Zumba DVD's and I love them, but I have always wanted to take a class! I am a private exerciser though. Can't seem to find the nerve to go and dance latin in front of others! Yikes!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have been wanting to try Zumba for a while now. I may have to get some DVDs since there are no classes near me. Good luck on your weight loss
  • nicolej12
    nicolej12 Posts: 2
    Options
    YAY!!!!! You can do it! I just started with this site a month ago and I have lost 5 lbs since then :) Let's start changing your mind frame to "hoping things will happen" to KNOWING they will :)
  • nicolej12
    nicolej12 Posts: 2
    Options
    YAY!!!!! You can do it! I just started with this site a month ago and I have lost 5 lbs since then :) Let's start changing your mind frame to "hoping things will happen" to KNOWING they will :)