Fell off the wagon, put back on 75lbs, finally lost the 1st stone of it again

Options
TheLongshot
TheLongshot Posts: 34 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
Hey all,

I was a real regular on here in the last two years, managed to lose 70lbs using MFP and was much happier as a result. Unfortunately I had two emergencies surgeries in a week on a sensitive area of my body and I fell off the wagon in a big way, going heavier than I was to begin with.

It's been a major struggle but I'm finally back on the wagon and today lost the first of the five stone I need to lose to get back to where I managed before! Proud of myself, I've been struggling for months now to find the motivation to climb back on the diet/fitness wagon.

JYVcQWN.jpg

Replies

• judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Life does have a way of getting us off-course from our goals, doesn't it?

Congratulations on getting back on the wagon!

Carry on!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back here. I too have gained back all the weight I lost. I just didn't keep up with the healthy lifestyle and it bit me in the butt.
  • weightaminutenow
    weightaminutenow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for making the decision to get back into the swing of things. I'm sorry you had such a hard time with your health. Welcome back! I've lost and gained back the same lbs. a few times in my life so I do understand your struggle. I've currently lost 21 lbs. of 112 I need to lose. Never give up!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I take it a stone is 15 lbs? :)

You Brits are adorable!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I think it is 14 lbs.
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's 14lbs
    Us Brits are a bit funny! Many of us still use stones and pounds for referring to our own body weight but use grammes and kg to weigh everything else!
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job OP, keep it up!
  • TheLongshot
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone :)
    annaskiski wrote: »
    I take it a stone is 15 lbs? :)

You Brits are adorable!

Heh it's 14 but I went over to 14.6lbs when I weighed :)
    1Kristine1 wrote: »
    Good for you for getting back here. I too have gained back all the weight I lost. I just didn't keep up with the healthy lifestyle and it bit me in the butt.

Such a struggle isn't it? I've sent you a friend request so we can help each other :)
  • TheLongshot
    Options
    Just for the sake of illustration, this was me last time, from 264 lbs to 190lbs :)

65Zcifq.jpg

Would love to get back to that again!
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!