30 Day Shred DVD

Options
Okay I have read a few posts about the dvd and then decided to buy it on Amazon.

It is here today and want to get started - any advice? Do people to it 10 days per level? Or just on an individual how much it hurts kind of level??

Thanks for your input, Amy :tongue:

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you get Netflix you can get it there too, without buying it.

Most do 10 day each section. Have fun!
    I am on my way to buy it. I did a 7min test run from u tube. OMG I am totally in.:drinker:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    As Jillian says in the video, stay with each level until you are ready to move on. For a true 30 day shred, it's designed for 10 days each level.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I started for real yesterday and will be doing them for 10 days with one rest day per week except for out of town trips like camping. Add me if you want a support buddy for it. Good luck!!
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine for $6 on Walmart.com now just have to wait for it to come in...I watched some clips from it on youtube to get a sort of idea of the kinda of workout it is and I feel like it is gonna be difficult but probably just as difficult as my Biggest Loser workout for the Wii...I am excited to start this!!!!
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I started 4 days ago. Im doing 10 days each level with (hopefully) no breaks. Im using 3lb weights for the first 5 days of each level and 5lb weights for the second 5. From past attempts im always REALLY sore day 2 and 3 of each level but its best to work through it otherwise your kind of back to square one in the hurtiness factor (in my experience anyway!)

Good luck xx
  • Susie_Bee
    Susie_Bee Posts: 34
    Options
    Congratulations on taking this step!

I love the 30-day-shred (levels 1 and 2 - I have not attempted level 3 yet)!

In my opinion, how long you stay at a level depends on your own personal level of fitness and your cardiovascular endurance. I would say that if you have been mostly sedentary up until now, to even just do it every other day when you are first starting out as your muscles and joints may require the recovery time. You stay at a level until you feel comfortable moving onto the next level.

Good luck to you!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    dont forget some light weight 2-3 pounds..... Im day 3 and I think the hardest thing is pushes through it and not stopping. I have a few bloggs written about my experiance.

Good Luck!
  • shaunabecker77
    Options
    I started doing the Shred about two years ago. I'm not doing it currently, but it's a good video.

How quickly you move up is going to depend on you. If you feel ready sooner, give the next level a try. After 10 days, give it a try even if you don't feel ready. Sometimes it's easy to not move forward because we think we can't do it. It's OK to take longer than that too. Just as long as you're feeling good and reaching your full potential!

Once you've conquered The Shred, you might be interested in Jillian's No More Trouble Spots video. That one is great!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I completed it a few weeks ago, I did it every day - 10 days each level and used 5 lb. weights. You will get great results. I am now on her Ripped in 30 DVD and love that one too. She works you hard but it is definitely worth all the work in the end.

Good luck!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 today (did a differnet workout yesterday); it is great!! I'm not going to move to the next level until I can get thru this one without stopping at all. :blushing:
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback, that's great. Add me if you are doing it too and we can be in pain together haha! I have some weights somewhere in the garage I will go and have a look.

The DVD was only about £5 so cheap really.

Thanks - think I will get it on and give it a go!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 and it is royally kicking my a##!!!! I better look like effing She-Rah by the time I get to day 30!! lol
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 and it is royally kicking my a##!!!! I better look like effing She-Rah by the time I get to day 30!! lol

hahaha you will have to post before and after pics!!! :)
  • Bristle82
    Options
    Well I just did it girlies and I have to say I hurt lol - i think it will def make a difference in 30 days! Intense!!
  • Bristle82
    Options
    I'm on day 3 today (did a differnet workout yesterday); it is great!! I'm not going to move to the next level until I can get thru this one without stopping at all. :blushing:

It's hard work - have to push past the pain. Its the legs that get me, I feel so weak!
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 2 for me...my legs are really sore right now though. Not sure how I'm going to get through it today...going to have to push through the pain!
  • Bristle82
    Options
    Today will be day 2 for me...my legs are really sore right now though. Not sure how I'm going to get through it today...going to have to push through the pain!

That's exactly what you have to do, one of my favourite things to say to myself! You will feel better for doing it :)