What is the best quick easy FILLING breakfast?

Options

Replies

• innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My favorite fill me up is hard boiled egg whites (usually 2 or 3) and 2 pieces of toast.
  • nkcampbell83
    Options
    I usually end up eating breakfast at my office and it gets be through well past lunch time. I stick with 2 apple cinnamon quaker rice cakes with peanut butter (jif to-go is perfect). It ends up being 350 calories, 31 carbs, 22 g fat and 11 g protein.
  • kellymarie619
    Options
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean (Regular, not Crunch)
    1/2 Skim Milk
    Handful of blueberries or strawberries

Comes it at around 225 calories and has 18 grams protein, and 12 grams fiber. Keeps you satisfied for quite a while.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bar or some trailmix, and a banana.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    oat meal leaves me hungry after 3 hours

I have 4 dry fried eggs or scrambled every day

keeps me full
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a shake. It's very filling.
    Other times I have 3 eggwhites, spinach, tomato and onion with an apple.

Wondering why you want to hold off eating long periods. I like to eat small meals every 2-3 hours to keep the furnace going. Especially when weight training.
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    whole wheat bread and eggs...this fills me up for a loooonnggg time..and you can choose, one piece or two, egg whites or whole egg depending on your needs :)
  • twtex01
    twtex01 Posts: 4
    Options
    2 pkts of quaker maple & brown sugar oatmeal with 1 cup of blueberries. It tastes like blueberry pancakes... 403 cal and keeps you energized for several hours, as well as staves off cravings for sweets. Good Luck
  • Susie_Bee
    Susie_Bee Posts: 34
    Options
    Protein is what is going to help you feel the most full: you can buy a protein shake to have in addition to whatever else you are having or make a smoothie with milk & yogurt, or toast (high fiber bread is best if you can tolerate it) with low-fat cheese, eggs, lean cooked ham (watch for sodium and sugar)... egg on a whole wheat English muffin... oatmeal (but add something with protein), peanut butter... the possiblities are endless!
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    Really simple recipe for breakfast:

8 oz skim milk
    1 container of 100 calorie yogurt any flavor
    1/2 cup fruit- any
    4-5 ice cubes

Blend! this recipe is around 250 calories I and PROMISE you will be struggling to drink it all! I usually get the thick and creamy yogurt as it makes your shake thicker.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I either go with a Fiber One cereal bar (the 140 calorie one, not the 90 calorie snack bar) or a Bagel Thin with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.

This coming from a girl that used to eat TWO sausage mcmuffins every morning!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    mmm I have all of the HUNGRY GIRL books and highly recomend them.. I love her egg in a mug recepies... I take 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1 weight watchers swiss wedge spread, 2 tsp chopped onion and 1/4 cup black beans...cooks in the microwave in less then 2 minutes, then I add 1tsp fat free shredded cheddar... under 200 calories , tasty and filling
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    I am in love with Bora Bora Almond Coconut bar. It is so good and keeps me full for a long time! I also tried a Odwalla Chocolate chip peanut bar this morning and it was good too. Both bars are around 200-230 cal. each and both made with organic ingredients. I have to have something that I can just grab and go and eat in the car. I am not a morning person! I will not be making an omelet or oatmeal no matter how fast they are because I can't eat them driving. :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Rude health muesli
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a half cup of oatmeal, mixed with almond milk instead of water, and a couple of soft boiled eggs on the side. Works for me!
  • j_melendez76
    Options
    I love topping a Nutrigrain Waffle with a tbsp. of strawberry cream cheese and seasonal berries. Two of these is roughly 300 calories and keeps me full until lunch. good luck!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Fried egg (cooked with Pam fat-free spray) and cheese on whole wheat toast, oatmeal with peanut butter, or yogurt topped with granola :)
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I make a giant batch of whole wheat pancakes on the weekend, then store them in the freezer to eat throughout the week. Add peanut butter or (my favorite) Nutella, cinnamon, and fruit. Right now, I'm eating apple cinnamon Nutella pancakes, and I gotta say--they rock.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    microwave two eggs for a minute and throw it in a wrap...that's what I just did
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    my favorite is:
    - (1) large poached egg (no extra calories from frying in oil- I use a microwave-able egg poacher)
    - (1) low carb tortilla (Sonoma brand from Trader Joes)
    - (2) slices of turkey bacon (from Trader Joes)

cook egg, break the egg up, mix in with turkey bacon (I microwave it - again, no extra oil from cooking in fry pan), sprinkle with spices (I use curry and garlic) or top with a bit of salsa, wrap in a tortilla and ta da! Breakfast burrito for 190 calories in under 3 minutes.

This sounds sooooo YUMMY!