How old were you when you first drank alcohol?

Options
2»

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Discovered beer at 11. My dad bought the shittiest stuff a available for cooking beer dogs. It wasnt drinkable, so i didnt enjoy beer until much later in life when I visited Germany, and tasted real beer (24 yrs old).

However I discovered liquor at 16 at a friends house. We went through his dads liquor cabinet until we passed out. Musta had 10 shots and 10 mixed drinks. I wasnt used to effect of liqjor so i just kept slamming them down thinkn it would come on gradually. It hit me like a brick wall all at once. I puked so much, I woje up sitting straight up in a chair with a bloody nose. Better yet, my driving test to get my license was that morning. I had to ride in the car with a hangover. Driving seemed to sober me up, but as soon as i went to the backseat for others to drive, up came the vomit
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Maybe 9 or 10...my cousins and I would take sips of wine at Sunday dinner
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and not yet. I've seen what alcohol can do and I don't like the smell of it so I stay away from it, haha!
    Brofist! I'm 19 years old and have still not tasted a drop!

• blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Had a sip of beer at my cousins wedding at 16. Again half a beer at my sisters wedding at 19. Five months before my 21st bday I got into clubs with my real ID(lol) and started drinking.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I shouldn't incriminate my parents this way. On the plus side, though I'd tasted alcohol well before I was into double digits, I've only had too much to drink once, and learned my lesson.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was 8 and we could have 1/2 glass of red wine with dinner on the weekends.
  • TheNightWalker
    TheNightWalker Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    Your parents allowed it? Isn't that illegal?
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I shouldn't incriminate my parents this way. On the plus side, though I'd tasted alcohol well before I was into double digits, I've only had too much to drink once, and learned my lesson.

I've had nearly too much to drink several times, and then one night I had way too much and it was gross. There was vomiting and dry heaving for hours but that wasn't the only thing. Now, just the smell of alcohol churns my stomach.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    Your parents allowed it? Isn't that illegal?

Probably illegal yep. Still learning to drink responsibly from a young age under adult supervision is important, otherwise what happens when the child comes across a bottle of whiskey when they are alone?
  • 1Hameed
    1Hameed Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have never taste it till now I'm 27 y :D

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    My dad gave me sips of Budweiser when I was 5, because I begged to try it. I stopped asking after that. He thought that was funny. I was allowed a glass of champagne on Christmas Eve since I was like 8. (I was able to actually finish it by 13).
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Sips of beer when I was very little.

Started drinking to get drunk with friends when 12-13.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    when i was born my father baptized me in jack daniels.

I'm pretty sure mine did too bc now I can't get enough. it's basically all I drink

but I first started drinking when I was 18
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    a sip of beer around 12 or so. I thought it was really nasty so I stayed away from it until I was 21
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah I was probably around 8 or so. An itty bitty glass of champagne at New Years every year. I'd take a sip, say "gross". Try another one.. and then someone else would finish it.

After that I think I had one drink on my 18th birthday (Canada)... and then... again when I was 20 or 21? After that maybe 23? I have it a bit more regularly (as in a few times a year) now that I'm 27. I think I gave up the Champagne at New Years when I was around 20ish. I can't really pin point when.

Even as an adult, alcohol is still one of the grossest things to me. Just. Yuck.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Does the alcoholic version of Irn-bru count? If so, 12. Also, first time I vomited from alcohol consumption, 12.
  • lindz4ever
    lindz4ever Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    My dad use to give me small amounts of beer in my bottles to get me to sleep but actually doing it was 12
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    5 or 6 too! My dad sat me on his lap and gave me his beer, I was a little confused and he said "Drink it, it's good for your health!", my dad was German and mom Russian (she was an avid vodka drinker, can't remember how many times I drank water that was actually vodka!). Hate vodka, LOVE beer.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    5 or 6 too! My dad sat me on his lap and gave me his beer, I was a little confused and he said "Drink it, it's good for your health!", my dad was German and mom Russian (she was an avid vodka drinker, can't remember how many times I drank water that was actually vodka!). Hate vodka, LOVE beer.

Vodka is mommies "special water" in Russia.
  • clmarlar
    clmarlar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was 7 and it was red wine... I remember thinking "like why?" and now for people who don't like wine I think "like why?" :D