Wii, opinions?

Options
I was wondering how everyone is liking their Wii fitness? What do you like to do on there? Is it better than a DVD? Looking for something, I can't walk, treadmill, run, jog:grumble: Thought about trying Wii but don't want to waste yet more money on a fad.
Opinions welcome!

Replies

• DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how everyone is liking their Wii fitness? What do you like to do on there? Is it better than a DVD? Looking for something, I can't walk, treadmill, run, jog:grumble: Thought about trying Wii but don't want to waste yet more money on a fad.
    Opinions welcome!
  • mamamouse
    Options
    I love my Wii Fitness! I got it for Christmas and have been using it in conjunction with other exercises since then - but I definatly look forward to my Wii workouts more then the others. If you are looking to get seriously buff - probably not going to work - but if you are wanting a way to get in some exercise in a fun way it is GREAT!
  • carlydbsn
    Options
    I enjoy it. it really teaches you the correct way to do the exercises and has kept me motivated to work out 30 minutes a day. It is fun and I barely even realize that 30 minutes has gone by! I recommend it to everyone!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT! It is something I can stick to. (it might be different for each person) I have a treadmill, a bike, I used to walk I have five or so different workout DVD/VHS tapes and had a gym membership... all of them I didn't do regularly but my Wii Fit I do.

I do about 20 minutes of the Yoga mixed with some of the strength training, 10 minutes Super hoola hoop (good for the abs) and then free jog with it for 30 minutes. If I'm stressed or angry I might add some boxing. You can change it and mix it up when you have used it enough to open all the levels and new exercises. Plus there are new games coming out all the time that utilizes the Wii Fit balance board I think there are two others now: Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2009 & My Fitness Coach. I heard there is another coming out soon.

I hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT! It is something I can stick to. (it might be different for each person) I have a treadmill, a bike, I used to walk I have five or so different workout DVD/VHS tapes and had a gym membership... all of them I didn't do regularly but my Wii Fit I do.

I do about 20 minutes of the Yoga mixed with some of the strength training, 10 minutes Super hoola hoop (good for the abs) and then free jog with it for 30 minutes. If I'm stressed or angry I might add some boxing. You can change it and mix it up when you have used it enough to open all the levels and new exercises. Plus there are new games coming out all the time that utilizes the Wii Fit balance board I think there are two others now: Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2009 & My Fitness Coach. I heard there is another coming out soon.

I hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
    I think I'll order one this weekend, what all do I need to get as far accessories, or games?
    And about how much, roughly, does it all cost? I have no children so I'm CLUEless.:embarassed:
  • ComplexMuffin
    Options
    Everything you need to get started and enjoy wii fit :

Wii and the controllers
    Wii fit game
    Wii fit board

That's it!

The game and board can usually be found together.
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    I love Wii. I am a Tae Know Do teacher and have used the strenght and balance as well as Yoga on Wii and it is really good. The Yoga teaches you how to center your balance and the strenght games are realy helpfull as well. If your looking to lose lots of weight, I reccomend a run on a tredmill or elliptical and use the Wii as fun extra after a good run. Have fun :happy: