What motivates you to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Getting my weight together before my 24th birthday in june lol.
    And having a healthy skinny summer.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My company says they'll put $$ into my HSA if I lose 30 pounds in 2016. That's one motivator. And they'll do it again next year if I lose another 30. And once I'm in a healthy range for my height they'll give me $$ every year to stay in that range.

Also, my kids aren't getting any younger, and at some point they will be getting married and having kids and I do NOT want to be the type of grandmother that just sits in a chair watching all the fun - I want to be on the floor playing with my grandkids just like I did with my kids.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's a combination of doctor's orders to help with my osteoarthritis and getting into my dream wedding dress.

My clothes fitting better and my bf celebrating with me every morning I see a loss, no matter how small it is, is what keeps me going.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Boobs. Not having them. Getting them.
  • soulraver
    soulraver Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I didnt want to be the "fat" mum at my kids school. I wanted my kids to be proud of me.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My daughter. My health.
  • pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    Motivation is really weird, I have known that I wanted to slim down a bit more for some time, but I just finally got the drive to do it. And now I feel unstoppable. There are some pole dance accomplishments that I haven't achieved yet and I know will be easier once I lose some fat - also, that fat loss will reveal the muscle tone that I've worked so hard to achieve. I am looking forward to looking and feeling good in anything.
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My husband lost 15 pounds! And he looks better than ever now he's all about that fitness life and I don't want to be left behind
  • nic041mccoy
    nic041mccoy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Health benefits... And the compliments people give as you lose weight! It makes me want to work even harder! :)
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Finding the cutest dress that is made for my hourglass figure.....except they don't make it in plus size :s
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Pain is a big motivator. My knee dislikes extra weight. 20 pounds here or there makes a surprising difference.
  • bluefrog1313
    bluefrog1313 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant and never truly lost it. I'm 22 and 212lbs... Our daughter is 3 now, and I want to be with her and be healthy for her when she's older. Not to mention my wedding is in October and my dad just went through a gastrobypass surgery at almost 500lbs. I have a lot of years left and so I'm doing this for myself, my family, and to not follow in my parents shadow in this case.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Motivation is not some blinding flash of light that fixes everything.

I just *kitten* do it.
  • paulag1955
    paulag1955 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    My health and not inheriting the health problems my parents have dealt with the past twenty years (diabetes, high blood pressure)

I'm with you. I want to avoid my father's "pill tray" at all costs.
  • law102189
    law102189 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wow. So many great stories here. No matter what the motivation to lose weight was, everyone posting here deserves a round of applause. Congratulations for making the conscious decision to change your life and good luck to all. Keep up the terrific work B)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    My mother only talks to me when I'm skinny. I wish this was a joke.
  • ruairibrogan
    ruairibrogan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    - I'm extremely scared of becoming diabetic
    - I look awful bigger
    - My husband is hot and deserves a hot wife
    - I am an embarrassment to myself
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Health benefits, for sure. I want to postpone diabetes as long as possible (it runs in my family and I have several risk factors, so I feel it is inevitable, but I'm working to delay it). I was also really upset when I couldn't go on thrill rides at Busch Gardens--not any more, baby, I hit the coasters every chance I get.

For me, vanity is a very distant third. I have always been very self-conscious and have hated my body and appearance. It is weird to see my body now that I've lost so much weight. My elbows have sharpened, my collarbones appeared, I can feel my knees, my wrists have weird bumps and grooves, I now have cheekbones. I spent a lot of time feeling my hip bones, my ribs, my ankles, my fingers. It's absolutely bizarre and a big adjustment, and when people comment on my appearance, it's hard to accept they are not being sarcastic or cruel, as they were in the past. Definitely a work in progress for me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    When I was younger it was mostly vanity. Now I'm old(er) and it's all about health markers.