This is a big step for me in several ways.

Options
I have been over weight exactly all my life. I came from a family where the portions were large but being large was taboo. I have eaten for emotional satisfaction and because the food is there. I have even had a pre-heart attack and that barely slowed me. I have preached about proper eating to others yet never found the power to do so my self. I am married and have a 14 month old whos life I want to continue being a pert of. I look at him and I think of how he will learn to poorly eat and that terrifies me. My wife has been my support and refused to let me continue and is making her own progress in her journey to regain herself from binge eating. I could never admit to having a problem with food until right this very moment saying it to a lot of people I don't know. I honestly feel embarrased and ashamed to be this big and saying I have no seemingly no control over my mouth. I have been on here before but didn't give it my all. This very moment is my first real step and a really big change in my life, self esteem and character.

I look forward to my new life moving forward.

Replies

• Penguindeb
    Penguindeb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step! I'm working hard at my plan but it's not easy! I'm grateful that I have a great support system and a wonderful husband! Add me if you would like!
  • KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job taking this step! Please add me as a friend. I have a little over 100 lbs I need to lose and could always use more friends so we can motivate each other. I have 4 kids and am due for baby #5 in May. Being healthier had become a family affair in our home.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It's not always easy but it is completely worth it, I promise. You sound like me from 4 years ago, and I've now been maintaining a healthy weight for almost 2 years. When I started out I didn't even know if it was possible to get where I am now, but I was determined and here I am. You've got this!
  • OllieRose126
    OllieRose126 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Woo! Way to go baby! You took a huge step and I am so proud of you! <3
  • amrajugovic
    amrajugovic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done, the first step is the hardest. You got your wife and she got you for support.
    Just remember you wanna live, you dnt want your weight to kill you and leave behide your family. YOU GOT THIS !!!
    A little challenge for you, for every comment on here u should do 5 squats.☺☺
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job stepping up to the plate! Count those calories, you got this totally!