suggestions !!!!!!!!!

Options
hello everyone !

Im going on a big shopping trip tomorrow to load up on healthy foods as i seem to be off track lately, I love chicken so ill be buying lots of that, i need snack ideas? I work at a home daycare so i can prepare my meals there. Ive been having suzies faltbread crackers with peanutbutter but the peanut butter has 16g of fat so im thinking i need new snack ideas ! Anything will help, so please please fill my head with information !! :) lol thanks guys

Replies

• pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i'm curious on some suggestions too for snacks - I have been having either fruit or lite yogurt and popcorn in the evening
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like Mini Pitas with hummus, I also chop up marinated artichoke hearts or olives to top the hummus with!
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i will have like, half of a 7 sprouted grain english muffin with some pb and banana on it, or i just veg out on plain celery sticks, babybel cheese wheels are great, nugo bars, or even a protein shake.
  • Lovelyrockrchica
    Options
    Special K granola snack bars are awesome. They taste like you're not dieting but low calorie.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Nuts, greek yogurt, Special K cracker chips (if you're a chip lover like I am), pudding cups and grapes (freeze them for a yummy treat).
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheese sticks are good too.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I like Triscuit crackers with a little cottage cheese or dipped in greek yogurt! Delicious, and still get the protien, just not as much fat as the pb.
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have switched from peanut butter to PB2 and love it.

I like to have fiber/protein bars, nuts, cheese sticks, a hard boiled egg, lite yogurt, or fruit for snacks
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Stick to high protein snacks -- Greek yogurt, 2% string cheese, almonds, that kind of thing.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - Hommous with strips of celery, carrot or snow peas
    - Cherry tomatoes
    - Wholemeal bread or crackers with a mix of avocado and tuna, with chilli if you like it
    - string cheese
    - trail bars (if you can find one with a small ingredient list and not too much sugar!)
    - fruit - I like mandarins and plums at the moment as they are in season here
    - almonds
    - small tin of tuna (flavoured if you like them) mixed in with baby spinach
    - trail mix - I buy small boxes of mixed fruit and nuts called "iron blend". The little boxes are good as they are portion controlled!
    - 1 slice of wholemeal bread with 1/2 tsp peanut butter and 1/2 a banana
    - mini cream cheese tub with chilli sauce and celery to dip in it
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    fruit, yogurt, carrots & low cal ranch dressing/dip, popcorn, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, trail mix, cheese sticks with/without crackers....
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    raw veggies, vitatops, fiberone has a line of bars & brownies & things for only 90 cals, frozen grapes (buy fresh & stick in the freezer, tastes like sorbet), any fruit, oatmeal, & popcorn :o)
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    One easy healthy snack I recently found was a type of canned peaches. It is no sugar added and made with splenda, and has low sodium (I think 5%). I have the problem of buying fresh food and having it go bad in the fridge, but with canned, I know it will be good. (it also helps that they taste amazing)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like to make a tuna salad to dip crackers into. it is simple just canned tuna, smart balance mayo......lots of protein, low fat, low cal and filling :) = all good :)

good luck - day care is hard work!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Avocado and toast?
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    cinnamon cheerios and cut up strawberries
    Annie's cheddar bunnies
    kozy shack no sugar added rice pudding and tapioca pudding cups
  • duckypooh67
    Options
    for snacks i eat fresh fruit,dried fruit,carrot sticks. there is a web site called hungrygirl.com . she is also on the cooking channel . com shes has great tips to makes snacks lower in calories and taste great. good luck
  • rebz1991
    rebz1991 Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks everyone, great ideas ! Cant wait to go get it all :)