Hummus Ideas

Options
hunter7477
hunter7477 Posts: 1 Member
Wondering if anyone has any good recipies that use hummus instead of other fattening ingredients.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of butter or mayo on sandwiches and crackers, put it in celery sticks, dip other veggies in it...
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hummus and crackers. Hummus and celery.
  • vmalailua
    vmalailua Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mix the hummus with canned chicken makes a great chicken salad!
  • norwood5
    norwood5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried hummus today heated in the microwave for about a minute with mozzarella cheese on top as a substitute for refried beans. Wow, was it ever yummy! I will definitely be doing that more often!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I put a couple spoonfuls on top of salad, add a squeeze of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. No additional dressing. It tastes great, plus adds some protein.

My 2 year old grandson loves hummus! We always have it in the fridge because he'll eat it straight out of the container with a spoon.
  • Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    norwood5 wrote: »
    I tried hummus today heated in the microwave for about a minute with mozzarella cheese on top as a substitute for refried beans. Wow, was it ever yummy! I will definitely be doing that more often!

What type of hummus? Refried beans are fairly healthy. Eating a cup of hummus is a lot of fat if its traditional hummus.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I put a couple spoonfuls on top of salad, add a squeeze of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. No additional dressing. It tastes great, plus adds some protein.

My 2 year old grandson loves hummus! We always have it in the fridge because he'll eat it straight out of the container with a spoon.

I use hummus as a dressing too...I mix with a small amount water and drizzle it on. I like your idea of using a squeeze of lemon juice--I'll try that next time!