Too much protein?

Options
I find that I am consuming anywhere from 10 to 20g more protein than is needed according to MFP. Is this something I should worry about? I eat moderate to low carb. Having a lot of Protein is key for me personally to not feel hungry between meals. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    MFP calculations are a bit mixed up if you are looking for a low carb diet. Usually low carb diets will have you up the percentage of proteins and fats (especially the proteins).

set your own percentages of each nutrient under "goals"
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I think doing what works for you,health wise & weight wise is the way to go. A Dr would have more info,
    using blood work results.You might try using veggies,beans,cottage cheese or yogurt ,whatever is filling to you. JMO
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    10-20 g above what mfp gives you is not anywhere close to eating too much protein btw
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Considering the MFP-prescribed protein goals are typically quite low...
    10-20 g above what mfp gives you is not anywhere close to eating too much protein btw

Yeah, this.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    The MFP default macros 50% from carbohydrates, 20% from protein and 30% from fat aren't suited for moderate to low carb. You can tweak them here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
  • leslieroads01
    leslieroads01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Sounds like I need to fix my macros.