Losing inches? Need advice!

Options
Anyone have photos/advice after losing a few inches here and there?
Not looking to spot reduce but I would love to have some motivation that losing an inch from my arms is realistic and in my future!
I'm 5'4'' and 158 and I just don't look good in shirts.. Or dresses... Or anything for that matter.
I would love to know how long it took you to lose from your arms/everywhere and start feeling sexy in your clothes again!
Pictures welcome! Need some motivation. My arms are about 12.75 inches around right now. And that is just too big for my frame. :/

Replies

• chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Start a strength training program with a little cardio thrown in here and there and eat a healthy amount of food (logging and tracking accurately) and stay consistent and the results will come! You can also look at the Success Stories thread for photos and stories. Good luck!
  • SkyKC253
    SkyKC253 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    chelseafxx wrote: »
    Start a strength training program with a little cardio thrown in here and there and eat a healthy amount of food (logging and tracking accurately) and stay consistent and the results will come! You can also look at the Success Stories thread for photos and stories. Good luck!

Already doing all that. Just wanted to know when to see some change. I've already lost about 17 lbs. it just hasn't been enough to feel comfortable in my own skin yet. I'm still waiting for that shrink where I stop looking chubby and start looking just normal. I don't need to be a toothpick. I just want to be a size 8, not a 12 anymore :/
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    skylarmunn wrote: »
    chelseafxx wrote: »

Already doing all that. Just wanted to know when to see some change. I've already lost about 17 lbs. it just hasn't been enough to feel comfortable in my own skin yet. I'm still waiting for that shrink where I stop looking chubby and start looking just normal. I don't need to be a toothpick. I just want to be a size 8, not a 12 anymore :/

I've lost almost 50 lbs, started at 231 and am now hovering around 185, went from a size XXL shirt and 16 pants to a L shirt and 10 pants and I'm STILL not comfy in my skin, but it will happen. A size 8 is my goal also but I've got about 4 inches on you. You'll make it. Just keep chugging along. :wink:

P.S. I don't see a change in my body but everyone else really does. My brain just hasn't caught up yet. When I look in the mirror I still see the XXL woman I was. When I see a picture from 2 years ago compared to now, though, it's different.