Do you lose the same amount each week?

Options
1 week I lose what I expected. The next, it's less.... But yet I haven't changed a thing. Does this just happen? It never happened to me before when i lost my first 15 pounds (that loss was consistent week by week). Trying to lose 25 more.

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    No not at all. I have some weeks where I won't lose a thing, seriously 2 to 3 weeks in a row with the ounces going up and down. Then week 4 or 5 I'm down by a pound or two. The less you have to lose it seems the more up and down and inconsistent it becomes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I only lost every 3-4 weeks...
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I lose big amount once in a time and then weight is this same for some time. If I count average it's about 0,7 kg weekly
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Since I gain at ovulation and premenstrually, I just worry about the overall trend.

rn29yeo49lom.png
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Agreed with @kshama2001. I gain & get extra hungry at ovulation, and the same goes for the week prior to my period. The overall trend is what counts, which is why I started weighing daily b/c I wanted to most data as possible.
  • KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a bigger loss one week then the next is smaller - Im thinking of weighing only once every 2 weeks (Officially) because of it - this way I won't get discouraged by logging a little number.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    skylarmunn wrote: »
    1 week I lose what I expected. The next, it's less.... But yet I haven't changed a thing. Does this just happen? It never happened to me before when i lost my first 15 pounds (that loss was consistent week by week). Trying to lose 25 more.

It's usually pretty consistent early on, but becomes less and less linear as you go along...that was my experience. As you lean out, changes in fluids and waste will be more noticeable on the scale than they were when you had more fat.
  • Shenvalleygurl
    Shenvalleygurl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Since I gain at ovulation and premenstrually, I just worry about the overall trend.

rn29yeo49lom.png

Agreed ... the trend is your friend. It's not what happens once, it's what is happening over time ...
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    When I was losing my normal pattern was lose nothing for 3 weeks, drop .5-1lb, another 3-4 weeks at that new weight before another decline.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My weight loss is inconsistent, sometimes I'll loose big one week and very little for a few weeks following or have a few good weeks then flat line (nothing) for several weeks. As long as my trend is good I don't worry about.
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i track my weight all month long and notice it goes down steadily - like this month: week 1 i lost 2.1lbs, then week 2 .9, week 3 .6, week 4 .2 - which was weighed today and i start my TOM on tuesday which will be the week when i lose the most again... its annoying to see myself lose less and less each week, but at least it's consistent so i know whats going to happen? Still on track to lose 4 pounds this month, which would be "1 pound a week" technically as i have my goals set.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    More or less constant. My weekly, monthly, 3 month are all about 1.8 lbs per week on average
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Average comes out to about a pound a week, but some weeks I'm up a quarter pound, other weeks, down a pound a half. Seems like I'm at a steady 4.5 pounds per month if you look at my monthly trends. Weekly, there are so many other factors, I try not to even think about it- just record the number I'm given and move on.
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Been logging for 35 days now and my weight loss hasn't been consistent... I'm 9lbs down overall though.