My first before and after photo (still in progress!!!)

Options
Skillet007
Skillet007 Posts: 55 Member
I would just like to say that I never traditionally took pictures along the way of my journey. I haven't measured other knowing what pants I fit in then and now. I think the reason I didn't do it is because I was ashamed to look at myself in the mirror and take several pictures of me. It made me face the person I had become and the humiliation was too great..... so I went to Hawaii instead! While I was there I lived with a group of women who were from all over the world, Tasmania, Italy, Germany, British Columbia. They were all active and fit and just really cool people. When I got back from my month long stay in Hawaii, one of those girls sent me a bunch of pictures. One of them was me on the beach, drinking water (tryin' to stay healthy, ya know?). In that photo, I had to face myself. I had to feel the humiliation of letting myself go. To turning into a completely different person.

That picture changed my life.

Since October, several months before I discovered MFP, I have been learning, reading, and researching everything I can on weightloss, nutrition, and how to live a healthy life. Funny thing is, it is really kinda simple once you get through all the BS. Now I am fifty lbs lighter with about fifty more lbs to go. These pictures are my ONLY before and after pictures. When I finish losing weight it will be my "in progress" picture. The first one with me standing on the beach is the VERY picture that motivated me to get to where I am today. It'll be the same picture that will have gotten me to my final stage. However, by then, I'll have several other reasons for being healthy, most of them obvious.

I would just like to say that I have not ever done anything like this. I have posted this picture on a group page on Facebook, not even friends or family have seen this. It's still something I struggle with. This community has been fantastic to me and I get a lot of inspiration from MFP. It has helped me tremendously in the pursuit of my goals. Thank you all!

I may not be finished, but this is still a success story to me.

qf4tybt5ebkj.jpeg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Watch out, your hard work is showing!
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You are looking awesome. Keep it up!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's definitely paying off!!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    you are doing great!
  • WordWhisperer
    WordWhisperer Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is incredible, and inspiring. Thank you for showing me what is possible!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Really great post! Thank you for sharing!!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nice job! :)
  • crexandangela
    crexandangela Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What really stands out for me, is that awesome smile. You look so happy! I love it!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You're doing a wonderful job!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job - sometimes a picture is a great motivator.
  • michaeyayyyy
    michaeyayyyy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Skillet007 wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I never traditionally took pictures along the way of my journey. I haven't measured other knowing what pants I fit in then and now. I think the reason I didn't do it is because I was ashamed to look at myself in the mirror and take several pictures of me. It made me face the person I had become and the humiliation was too great..... so I went to Hawaii instead! While I was there I lived with a group of women who were from all over the world, Tasmania, Italy, Germany, British Columbia. They were all active and fit and just really cool people. When I got back from my month long stay in Hawaii, one of those girls sent me a bunch of pictures. One of them was me on the beach, drinking water (tryin' to stay healthy, ya know?). In that photo, I had to face myself. I had to feel the humiliation of letting myself go. To turning into a completely different person.

Since October, several months before I discovered MFP, I have been learning, reading, and researching everything I can on weightloss, nutrition, and how to live a healthy life. Funny thing is, it is really kinda simple once you get through all the BS. Now I am fifty lbs lighter with about fifty more lbs to go. These pictures are my ONLY before and after pictures. When I finish losing weight it will be my "in progress" picture. The first one with me standing on the beach is the VERY picture that motivated me to get to where I am today. It'll be the same picture that will have gotten me to my final stage. However, by then, I'll have several other reasons for being healthy, most of them obvious.

I would just like to say that I have not ever done anything like this. I have posted this picture on a group page on Facebook, not even friends or family have seen this. It's still something I struggle with. This community has been fantastic to me and I get a lot of inspiration from MFP. It has helped me tremendously in the pursuit of my goals. Thank you all!

qf4tybt5ebkj.jpeg

Epic Weight loss hoe do you post pics to reply may I ask.
  • Skillet007
    Options
    Skillet007 wrote: »

qf4tybt5ebkj.jpeg

Epic Weight loss hoe do you post pics to reply may I ask.

I'm not really sure, I had to use my computer to post this images. Maybe there is a link?

Thank you all for your kind words and motivation!
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow such great motivation you look amazing !! Good luck with the next 50lbs don't ever give up do what makes you happy ❤️
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That was very brave. :) You look great. Aloha.
  • Skillet007
    Options
    TnZMom wrote: »
    That was very brave. :) You look great. Aloha.

Mahalo. Somewhere down the line, I'll tell my kids that my trip to Hawaii was a big part of my inspiration.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    You've made wonderful progress. Congratulations! You hard work is paying off. Onward!
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your pictures. It's obvious that you will reach your goals.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You look so handsome!! Great work :)
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great work! Great smile! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    You are looking great, so much happier and more confident. Great work, thank you for sharing! :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!