Damn Easter Candy

Options

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've never liked peanut butter candy, but I do love my real 100% peanut butter. I mostly eat it on my sandwiches as a replacement for cheese. ;)
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

Mine must not be from the defective batch. I've managed (so far) to just eat 4-6 mini eggs a day. (From a former 2-3 bag a week habit).

The Hurts Donuts I got last weekend were definitely defective. Especially the Irish Car Bombs. The combination of Irish Cream filling and Guinness chocolate icing was too much for mere mortals. I had to sacrifice my macros to save the children.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's Good Friday, so not an issue for me. I tend to strictly hold off on Easter candy until Easter (or maybe the party after the Vigil) and then celebrate for a day and put it away.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't touch the stuff until it's actually Easter. By that point the stores have pretty much cleared their shelves out.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

Mine must not be from the defective batch. I've managed (so far) to just eat 4-6 mini eggs a day. (From a former 2-3 bag a week habit).

The Hurts Donuts I got last weekend were definitely defective. Especially the Irish Car Bombs. The combination of Irish Cream filling and Guinness chocolate icing was too much for mere mortals. I had to sacrifice my macros to save the children.

I don't even like most donuts and those sound good. Probably a good thing I'm not anywhere I could have gotten some.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

I knew it wasn't my fault!!! LOL

Cadbury Mini Eggs are my all time favorite (and I haven't had any yet this year)!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

How heroic of you! :D
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love Cadbury Eggs but the 177 calories aren't worth it to me.
  • Bella77007
    Bella77007 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well it's not just easter but my birthday tomorrow too, I made some chocolate crispy cakes with mini eggs today and ate one, tomorrow I am having a birthday meal and cake that has been made to fit the Easter theme decorated with lots of mini eggs and chunks of cadbury cream egg, I will skip the easter egg on Sunday because I don't like to go over for more than a day or two.

I don't feel bad, I have been maintaining at around 106 pounds for months now and I eat healthily every day with exceptions for Christmas, close relative birthdays and this year the 'good friday crispy cake'.

Last year I was still losing on my birthday and allowed myself a tiny slither of cake then felt guilty, no way will I ever allow myself to feel bad for one or two days of bad eating ever again, I enoy the celebations then go back to eating sensibly.

I remember posting here just before Christmas asking what the damage would be, got great advice and sure enough there was no damage, the worst I have done so far is weighed 0.5 pounds more that I knew was true gain and not a fluctuation and that was a week after my hubby's 40th where we really did eat a stupid amount of food, I wasn't overly fussed about 0.5 pounds but after a busy week and being more active it came off anyway.

This is life, there will be celebrations and a lot of people eat too much at those times, it doesn't matter about a day or two here and there, it is the big picture that matters and you just get back on track whether that is to lose or maintain.
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This time of year for me is so hard. I love candy. I've been trying not to eat it, even trying to stay out of the stores, but I caved today. I wish it wasn't so good, and I'll be better tomorrow, but today...well, today is a holiday, right? And someplace in the Bible it must say it's okay to eat some candy....somewhere? In the back?
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have been fine with the candy in the house. And will be till we open it on Easter. Then.... well then I will enjoy all I want without regret. And when it's gone, there's no more to tempt me.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's Good Friday, so not an issue for me. I tend to strictly hold off on Easter candy until Easter (or maybe the party after the Vigil) and then celebrate for a day and put it away.

Same here. I loved going to the vigil FB I had little kids--there would always be a reception at my old church with huge cakes, wine, and champagne. I'm not sure if it was to celebrate all the newly confirmed or the end of Lent :wink:
  • mnemonicone3
    mnemonicone3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AmyWebb2 wrote: »
    This time of year for me is so hard. I love candy. I've been trying not to eat it, even trying to stay out of the stores, but I caved today. I wish it wasn't so good, and I'll be better tomorrow, but today...well, today is a holiday, right? And someplace in the Bible it must say it's okay to eat some candy....somewhere? In the back?

This made me laugh for 5 minutes. And inspired me enough to comment omg. I never comment.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think I liked the peanut butter cups so I thought I was safe buying them for the kids. The problem is I gave in to a little voice that said "why don't you have one or two, just to see if they're fresh" and well, you know what happened next. Lol. Blrggh.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    I didn't even think I liked the peanut butter cups so I thought I was safe buying them for the kids. The problem is I gave in to a little voice that said "why don't you have one or two, just to see if they're fresh" and well, you know what happened next. Lol. Blrggh.

That was totally me 2 years ago. I had never had one actually (grew up in France), figured I'd give it a shot... mistake.
  • poteatkd
    poteatkd Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeah......

Been eating ALOT of candy the past couple of days...

• laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Salted caramel galaxy is my Easter treat this year. I have chocolate daily, but I keep it to a more reasonable limit (I was particularly bad with chocolate prior to starting on mfp). I love reeses peanut butter cups, they're relatively new to the UK.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nz8gx5hzbb9c.jpg

The mini Cadbury are my favorite. We've bought several and divided each bag among our family. It's hard to eat just a few. The Cadbury creme eggs are awesome too. The good thing is..once Easter is over there won't be any holidays with candy till Halloween and Halloween candy, unlike Easter candy, is available all year so there's going to be a lot less temptation coming up for several months ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm atheist and not going to see family for easter, so no. I'm all good.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Kids are grown so I haven't bought candy at all this year. One child did bring home a beautiful looking coconut cake today so I had to try it. :s It was very disappointing and easy to avoid even a second bite. What a waste of coconut!

I might make some date, cocoa nibs, and unsweetened coconut candy. It's really good.