Trying to build muscle and shed fat

Options
Looking for support on how to eat properly to build lean muscle and shed my body fat at the same time. I am trying really hard to eat the proper foods but I struggle with exactly what to eat for meals. I am 136 lbs and my body fat is 23%. I thought I was eating properly but realized I have no idea what I am doing. I'm hoping by tracking my meals will give me a better insite as to what I am doing wrong. If anyone has similar goals and wouldn't mind sharing quick and easy meal plans I would greatly appreciate it! I made my meal log public. Good and bad i will log everything I'm eating.

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Up your protein, find a gym routine that works for you...lift things up and put them down ;)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Looking for support on how to eat properly to build lean muscle and shed my body fat at the same time.

Are you trying to lose weight, or are you trying to stay the same weight, just change your body composition (less fat, more muscle)? If that's the case, then the below link should be helpful. It's long, but worth it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

• lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started a program a couple of months ago that helped with just that. I put in muscle and lost inches and Feel So much stronger. I can share with ya what I did!
  • mooresoftwareenterprises
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have the same goals. Diet is the hardest part for me.
  • jamescolley84
    jamescolley84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same for me I'm 248 now no clue body fat percentage lol don't think I want to know honestly I haven't been dieting long so I'm as lost as you are in that aspect however I lift weights 6 days a week and cardio everyday
  • star_brendan
    star_brendan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your in your way. You have a good start! Keep up the good work
  • clblive
    clblive Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Star
    It is very hard to gain muscle and shred pounds at the same time. When you are shredded, you have to cut your daily carb intake to under 100g. But to gain muscle you have to eat more carbs. You can maintain your muscle while shredding by left heavy sets and low reps. No high intensity workouts because you burn fat and muscle. Try to keep your heart rate around 120-150(depending on age).
  • _MissBrie
    _MissBrie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    clblive wrote: »
    @Star
    It is very hard to gain muscle and shred pounds at the same time. When you are shredded, you have to cut your daily carb intake to under 100g. But to gain muscle you have to eat more carbs. You can maintain your muscle while shredding by left heavy sets and low reps. No high intensity workouts because you burn fat and muscle. Try to keep your heart rate around 120-150(depending on age).

Fantastic advice! Thanks!