Over 50, new, 130 pounds to lose, looking for friends

Options
I'm over 50, happily married, have a wonderful daughter and grandson! I tried this at my daughter's request about 5 months ago and flaked out in 2 weeks. I came back a month ago and have been quite serious about this and would like to motivate others and be supported. I'm a little zany, spiritual, positive thinker and obese. I've got 130 pounds to go so I would love to make friends with those like me who have serious goals they are aiming for. Anyone of course, who just wants to hit fitness goals and share in inspiration and motivation are welcomed. :)

Replies

• sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I'm also over 50. I've lost almost 20 but I have 75 or so to go. I also have a wonderful daughter and a fantastic grandaughter....isn't being a Grandma the best thing ever?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm also over 50 and love being a grandma! I've been on MFP for a year and I just love this community. Hands down better than Facebook! LOL
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Check out the WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2016 thread. (There will be a new thread for April).
    I joined them about three weeks ago; they're a very fun bunch of ladies!
    Also, I'll be your friend if you want :smile:

Larisa in Seattle
  • avaharvest
    avaharvest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! And yes, being a grammies is awesome and so is having a wonderful relationship between mom and daughter :) I hope I can be motivational to you! We can do this!
  • avaharvest
    avaharvest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree! FB stresses me out. Too many topics lol, I really want my focus on my fitness goals, emotional happiness, empowerment and achievement!
  • tinaalvarado29
    tinaalvarado29 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm 48
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    avaharvest wrote: »
    I'm over 50, happily married, have a wonderful daughter and grandson! I tried this at my daughter's request about 5 months ago and flaked out in 2 weeks. I came back a month ago and have been quite serious about this and would like to motivate others and be supported. I'm a little zany, spiritual, positive thinker and obese. I've got 130 pounds to go so I would love to make friends with those like me who have serious goals they are aiming for. Anyone of course, who just wants to hit fitness goals and share in inspiration and motivation are welcomed. :)

I'm so jealous! Over 50 mom of a 34 year old. Not a hope hope of a grandkid in sight. 20 lbs to go. Trade?????