Group for Gastric Sleeve Patients?

Options
Hi all - is anyone aware of a Gastric Sleeve group on these boards? So far I haven't seen one. I'm about one month out from surgery, and would love to connect with others who have gone through the same thing. I'm feeling a bit isolated in that I don't know if what I'm going through is "normal" - I haven't been able to go to a support group meeting yet at my surgery center, but hope to do that in a couple of weeks. Anyway - if there's anyone out there that would like to get a thread going, let me know!

Thanks!

Replies

• mystryred
    mystryred Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Tiffany I just had my sleeve on 5/16/2011. And am glad to find people who are going thru the same thing. I lost 11 lbs previous to surgery and since then I am down 30 lbs total. I know what you mean by feeling isolated. I am still in the soft food phase. And will be for another 2 or so weeks. I never thought it would be so tough finding things to eat that I actually like. At this moment I can only hold about 4-5 oz of anything. I am still learning to listen to my body for when I'm full or am I hungry or just bored. Or even thirsty. I had a rough start after surgery. I had a reaction to anasthesia so ended up having to stay in the hospital extra days due to throwing up everything I swallowed. Which sent my stomach into spasms. So I couldn't eat (drink) anything for several days after getting home. But it's all getting better. Still have an issue with sending my stomach into spasms if I'm not careful. I am not sorry that I did this one bit. I have had weight issues most of my adult and teen years. So for me this is the best decision I have made. I'm glad to find other people who are going thru or have gone thru the same thing. Thank you for creating this thread.
    Stephenie.
  • tclausewitz
    tclausewitz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stephanie - glad to meet you! I'm sorry you had complications - my surgery went smoothly but I did manage to leave the hospital with bronchitis and an ear infection (my fault - had a cold before the surgery but refused to reschedule because I was ready to go!), so I understand about things not going smoothly! I've sent you a friend request, let's keep in touch!
  • purplepeace
    Options
    Hey!
    I was sleeved on June 21 and was looking for the same thing.
    I'm pretty sure the folks here frown upon weight loss surgery, but there are a LOT of us from verticalsleevetalk.com and obesityhelp.com who use MFP to track our food intake and exercise.
    Wish we could have our own thread, or at least one for people who have had WLS