Losing Weight And Staying Motivated To Exercise

Options
How to stay motivated to exercise that is my main problem. What helps you stay motivated to exercise. I find exercise to be so boring. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You DON'T have to exercise to lose weight. You just need to eat less than you burn. Exercise is for health and fitness and may allow some to eat more.
    And if you're just looking for physical activity, it can be just about anything that requires movement.

Dancing, swimming, hiking, walking, to just name a few. My wife does ballroom dancing for her physical activity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Natbat31
    Natbat31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try and find a few exercises that I love to do and do them often. I know that I can't run on a treadmill because I have no motive for running for an hour. Instead, I go to a cardio dance class and make a fool of myself but have fun doing it. I also do raquetball often to get in my cardio. It helps to find something that distracts you from the fact that your out of breath. Hope this helps!
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else but I like my treats. I pre-log the night before so I schedule about a 500 calorie overage, then I have to exercise or delete food from my food diary and go hungry. Works like a charm for me because I hate to see those red numbers!

I.e., I have 1220 calories, so I usually prelog about 1720-1800 calories the day before. I have to run at least an hour to work off the extra 500 calories OR delete snacks or desserts so that I hit 1220. I'd rather move than go without my Oreos! (It only works if I have to give up treats; I can't delete the chicken breast I'm having for dinner and keep the ice cream.)

Once I'm moving, I'm okay. Finding an exercise that you like helps too.