Targeted Weight Loss?

Options
Hello... Probably a dumb question, but I am going to ask anyway. I know there is no way to target specific areas of the body for weight loss, but I have had people tell me that the last area you gained weight in would be the first area you lose it... Is this true?

When I was 200lbs I still had a flat stomach, but once I hit 210lbs I started getting a stomach so I was just kind of curious if that's how weight loss works... If so... I guess I can expect my stomach to shrink a bit since it was the last place my weight started to show...

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nope, target fat or weight loss is not possible.

As for first on, last off, that is what I read over and over. My own experience is a big question mark. I started gaining weight long enough ago and gradually enough that I have absolutely no idea where it went on first. My last remaining fat area is my stomach but I really do not remember my midsection seeming to get bigger before any other area.
  • teddier
    teddier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose weight from the top down. So my neck/chest area looks great and my thighs are the last to loose their bump :(
  • illusionist121
    illusionist121 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went from 170lb to 200lb and it was in a very short period of time, the most of which I didn't see any difference but it seemed like the last 10 made my shape dramatically change :/ , I'm wanting to lose about 50lb
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    For me the last place to get fat were my arms and it's the last area to slim down. I think the first place I lost weight in were my hands and wrist cause my jewelry don't fit like they use too.