Introvert seeking social support

Options
124»

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

I like - no, I NEED - my alone time. Some people don't seem to understand the difference between being alone and being lonely, and think you just lack the people skills to be an extrovert! There are times when I just don't like people in general, but other times I just need to get away from them for a while - even my family.

"Our language has wisely sensed the two sides of being alone. It has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone." ~Paul Johannes Tillich, The Eternal Now

Like some of you have mentioned, though, I seem to be a lot more outgoing online. I have online friends whom I've never met face to face but who know way more about me than people I know in person. That's fine with me! :smile:

At a party, I'm the person that seeks out the pets and bonds with them. Haha.

Yep yep:

ds5dokw3x410.jpg

Also, I'm sure we all know this feeling:

soopyojz71to.jpg

And finally, I really want this shirt! Admit it, you do too...

8ytahu31wu8k.jpg

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

I like the cut of your jib, but that shirt is way too attention-seeking. Can I get it in simple black print on heather grey? Heh
  • lake4life
    lake4life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. The more support the better!
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fellow introvert here! I'm new, and this is the first time I've engaged in any kind of online group. But I'm all about support so feel free to add me too!
    Thanks for posting!
  • J3ffthatcher
    J3ffthatcher Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering introvert who is on the same journey. I've got a lot of reasons to say "I can't do this" but it hasn't stopped me yet. I'd be happy to give encouragement and motivation if you still need friends. It's so hard to try and do this alone!
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    I'm a recovering introvert ...

Recovering from what? Is there something wrong with us? :smile:

I like the cut of your jib, but that shirt is way too attention-seeking. Can I get it in simple black print on heather grey? Heh

With the print in very small letters? :smile: It IS kinda colourful... but (perhaps surprisingly, as an introvert) my favourite colour is red so I wear "attention-seeking" tops often. I just hate getting any actual attention for it! :wink: Why can't we be allowed to be colourful without having people notice us?
  • sg8003
    sg8003 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me... I'm a introvert too!
  • LesBrush
    LesBrush Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seems like I had written a good many of the preceding posts myself. I am absolutely an introvert even though some that know me think otherwise. At best acting like an 'extrovert' is camouflage or a shield. I do not do a lot of comments but like others keep a helpful eye on my friends and a 'like' or 'well done buddy' is my usual response.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well written post, my sentiments exactly. Feel free to add me!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Everyone must be quietly hiding in the corner! :)
  • Namaste_Heart11
    Namaste_Heart11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also a quirky introvert <3
  • krst1888
    krst1888 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can add me too, we can all use all the support we can get. Complete introvert here and somewhat of a recluse, I work from home and tend to only come out of my office for family functions and to go to the grocery store. Trying very hard to overcome that.
  • J3ffthatcher
    J3ffthatcher Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Recovering from what? Is there something wrong with us? :smile:

Sorry, nothing wrong with being an introvert. It's my sarcastic sense of humor. Guess I've learned to mimic an extrovert at work....then I go home and curl up into a ball. lol
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Everyone must be quietly hiding in the corner! :)

Shhh! You'll draw attention to us!
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    krst1888 wrote: »
    Can add me too, we can all use all the support we can get. Complete introvert here and somewhat of a recluse, I work from home and tend to only come out of my office for family functions and to go to the grocery store. Trying very hard to overcome that.

I've been unemployed for a few months, so now I only go out when I really need to... I might soon have to put gas in my car for the first time since November. I even exercise indoors rather than going outside for a walk. Apparently I should be "networking" to find a job, but can you imagine? I don't want to! I'd rather stay home and quietly browse job-search websites and the newspapers...
  • emilyswilfong
    emilyswilfong Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want in on this! I need motivation on here. I'm hoping that seeing "friends" on here succeed, it will help to keep me motivated.