Feeling frustrated...need help!!!

Options
I feel like nothing is working, I'm 5'5'', 170 lb female and I'm also 19 years old. My goal weight is 140 lbs. I do exercise everyday except Sundays for about an hour each day. I do try to eat healthy but sometimes I eat "modified" healthy foods such as granola bars, etc. I currently eat around 1450 a day! I would love to have some feed back and suggestions to start to see results. Anything would help! Also my goal is to be 150 by the beginning of June if that's possible. Thanks everyone!!!!

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating your calorie intake? Are you weighing all solid/semi-solid foods on a digital scale? Measuring all liquids with spoons/cups?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. You aren't weighing your foods and are using generic entries, meaning you're likely eating more than you think.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Exercising did very little for weight loss (for me). Eating right was 90% of the battle.
    A scale at bbbeyond or walmart is only about $20. Cereal needs to be weighed.
    Drink a lot of water.
  • IeuanAlexanderSaunders
    Options
    How long have you been dieting for ?and weighing everything out is crucial especially liquids ,what exercise do you preform for an hour ? I exercise 3 times a week for 50 minutes a time of high intensity cardio and weight training 5 times a week,i consume 1600 calories a day(except for Easter weekend :) ) this mixture of cardio and weight training has worked for me and helped me to achieve 13% bf,try changing your exercise or intensity and include weight training into your programme as 1lbs of extra muscle will cause your body to burn an extra 100 calories a day, drink plenty of water and log every gram that you consume and don't eat your exercises back :)
  • shmem_96
    shmem_96 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting for ?and weighing everything out is crucial especially liquids ,what exercise do you preform for an hour ? I exercise 3 times a week for 50 minutes a time of high intensity cardio and weight training 5 times a week,i consume 1600 calories a day(except for Easter weekend :) ) this mixture of cardio and weight training has worked for me and helped me to achieve 13% bf,try changing your exercise or intensity and include weight training into your programme as 1lbs of extra muscle will cause your body to burn an extra 100 calories a day, drink plenty of water and log every gram that you consume and don't eat your exercises back :)

Thanks! I guess it's just patience at this point!
  • shmem_96
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Tighten up your logging. You aren't weighing your foods and are using generic entries, meaning you're likely eating more than you think.

I'm away at college so it's not easy to weigh foods every day!
  • shmem_96
    Options
    Exercising did very little for weight loss (for me). Eating right was 90% of the battle.
    A scale at bbbeyond or walmart is only about $20. Cereal needs to be weighed.
    Drink a lot of water.

I'll work on eating better then, thanks for your input!
  • shmem_96
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    How are you calculating your calorie intake? Are you weighing all solid/semi-solid foods on a digital scale? Measuring all liquids with spoons/cups?

I am measuring all liquid measurements, however I'm at school so it's harder to weigh everything I eat :neutral:
  • IeuanAlexanderSaunders
    Options
    I go to college also ,I prepare my food and snacks beforehand this way I know exactly what I'm eating ,thankfully I do a sport course so everyone is like me,just take it a day at a time and keep consistency and over time you will see results
  • shmem_96
    Options
    I go to college also ,I prepare my food and snacks beforehand this way I know exactly what I'm eating ,thankfully I do a sport course so everyone is like me,just take it a day at a time and keep consistency and over time you will see results
    What do you mean you prepare then beforehand? Do you mean at night?
  • IeuanAlexanderSaunders
    Options
    Yes,pick out a morning meal ,snack and lunch.i have 40g rolled oats with 1/2 a scoop of protein powder and vitafiber powder for the morning (it's filling so you may find it helpful) I usually cook my lunch and morning meal ready the night before ,that way I can accommodate my food for what I'm doing ,I'm always busy at college and I'm sure it's the same for you so planning beforehand is always important
  • shmem_96
    Options
    Yes,pick out a morning meal ,snack and lunch.i have 40g rolled oats with 1/2 a scoop of protein powder and vitafiber powder for the morning (it's filling so you may find it helpful) I usually cook my lunch and morning meal ready the night before ,that way I can accommodate my food for what I'm doing ,I'm always busy at college and I'm sure it's the same for you so planning beforehand is always important

Ok! Thanks so much :smile: