My Protein Supplement Essentials!! What are yours?!?!

Options
Here is my list and all are scrumptious and very enjoyable to eat, not like some protein powders/bars.

First we have our protein bars:
1. Quest Bars: Favorites are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, S'mores, and Cookies and Creams!
2. Power Crunch Bars: All flavors are delicious! A little higher in fat then quest bars but also has fewer carbs. The Peanut Butter Creme is my favorite, but lets face it, anything that has peanut butter is amazing, am I right!

These are the 2 that I always buy but I have others I want to try!! Let me know which ones you buy!

Next is your protein powder: I usually dont make shakes, I bake tasty desserts, pancakes, waffles, and protein sludge! YUMMM!
1. Cellucor: This is the only brand I buy protein powder from. Flavors are amazing. My favorites are Peanut Butter Marshmallow, S'mores, and Cinnamon Swirl!

Lastly Protein Chips: Great if your craving chips and the macros are amazing!
1. Quest Protein Chips: I buy 3 flavors and they are all great: Sour Cream and Onion, Barbecue, and Cheddar and Sour Cream!

I also occasionally enjoy some Protein Cookies!!

Let me know what your protein supps include and what tastes amazing! Love trying new protein bars!

Replies

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Never tried chips! I love quest and mission 1 bars
    And powder right now MRM vanilla and I add chia seeds too ;)
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Real food
    Realistically though, when on travel, nothing compares to sludge
  • DHLFITNESS25
    DHLFITNESS25 Posts: 66 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Real food
    Realistically though, when on travel, nothing compares to sludge

True, a lot of my protein comes from grilled chicken and fage 0% yogurt(18g per 6oz..it's ridiculous lol)

I use the protein supps when im craving a dessert type item. Better a protein bar then a slice of chocolate cake lol!
  • tomw86
    tomw86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For preference either a good biltong, beef jerky or bonafiskur (fish jerky), portable, easy to eat and delicious.
  • DHLFITNESS25
    Options
    Never tried chips! I love quest and mission 1 bars
    And powder right now MRM vanilla and I add chia seeds too ;)

Just ordered some mission 1 bars lol. Can't wait to try them!!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love my protein bars. Robert Irvine's fit elite bars in birthday cake is so good! Also a fan of Combat Crunch and a few Quest bar flavours
  • DHLFITNESS25
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    I love my protein bars. Robert Irvine's fit elite bars in birthday cake is so good! Also a fan of Combat Crunch and a few Quest bar flavours

Lmao I actually just bought the other day both the fit elite bars(both crunchy and the chewy bar) in birthday cake and a combat crunch bar in some peanut butter flavor! Haven't gotten to trying them yet! Glad to hear the birthday cake is good, never tried a protein bar that flavor.

Quest bars right now are number 1 for me then I would have to say power crunch bars for the different texture.
  • DHLFITNESS25
    Options
    tomw86 wrote: »
    For preference either a good biltong, beef jerky or bonafiskur (fish jerky), portable, easy to eat and delicious.

Never really eat jerky that much, never was a big fan. Maybe ill give it another try, gotta find a flavor I like!
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm really liking Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme. It's fantastic stuff. Peanut butter cookie is where it's at.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Lmao I actually just bought the other day both the fit elite bars(both crunchy and the chewy bar) in birthday cake and a combat crunch bar in some peanut butter flavor! Haven't gotten to trying them yet! Glad to hear the birthday cake is good, never tried a protein bar that flavor.

Quest bars right now are number 1 for me then I would have to say power crunch bars for the different texture.

I haven't tried the power crunch bars yet, for some reason I've always overlooked them, maybe I'll give them a try next time I'm at gnc.
  • DHLFITNESS25
    Options
    I'm really liking Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme. It's fantastic stuff. Peanut butter cookie is where it's at.

Lets face it, anything that has peanut butter in it is amazing!
  • DHLFITNESS25
    edited March 2016
    Options

I haven't tried the power crunch bars yet, for some reason I've always overlooked them, maybe I'll give them a try next time I'm at gnc.

They are a little higher in fat, like 12-13g and lower in carbs mostly around 10g if I can remember correctly. But the peanut butter creme is amazing. All the flavors are really good, can't go wrong in my opinion.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I switched to Pure Protein bars, as the Quest gave me bad gas. I tried the quest protein chips, but the aftertaste was undesirable, and I could not see spending the extra money. I drink two scoops of Optimum Nutrition protein immediately after my workout. I also drink Optimum Nutrition Amino Fuel during my workout. As the amino acids help me recover more quickly. It also contains natural caffeine to help me push through.
  • DHLFITNESS25
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    I switched to Pure Protein bars, as the Quest gave me bad gas. I tried the quest protein chips, but the aftertaste was undesirable, and I could not see spending the extra money. I drink two scoops of Optimum Nutrition protein immediately after my workout. I also drink Optimum Nutrition Amino Fuel during my workout. As the amino acids help me recover more quickly. It also contains natural caffeine to help me push through.

Pure Protein bars are good too, its also a plus that the Costco by me sells them so you get a good amount for a decent price
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    In my house we like quest bars and power crunch. Cookie dough, cookies n cream and peanut butter fudge are my faves. I'm wanting to try the Oh Yeah One bars too.
    Don't drink powder often but I do like quest vanilla and Isopure zero carb if I'm blending it myself. Pure protein chocolate ready to drink is good on the go.
    I didn't like any protein chips.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have Pure Protein vanilla powder right now. It's okay. I'm still working on finding a powder that I like. I have a scoop with water or nonfat milk after workouts. The rest of my protein comes from food right now.

Has anyone tried the caveman protein bars? They are made with chicken and fruit, which sounds weird. But with 150 calories and 18 grams of protein, it sounds like a great snack on a low calorie diet.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately few protein bars have more protein than carbs. Premier Protein, a few others. None have low-carb.

Beef jerky is hit or miss - you have to check the label. The best ratio I could find was Walmart brand with 16g protein, 4-5g carb.

Protein powders were the best addition to my low-carb diet. Also really ramped up the boiled eggs which seem to keep for 8 hours without refrigeration.

Flax muffin-in-a-mug, not exactly a protein supplement but it reduced my carb intake.