Food with more protein and less fat that are tasty? No pork please

Options
anwhitmo
anwhitmo Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for recipes that are not too time consuming and have more protein and less fat. I don't like pork. I'm open to recipes with meat and without. Either way is fine with me.

Replies

• aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have recipes handy at the moment, but maybe something with beans or white fish? Very low in fat
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Pick a lean meat. Step 2: Pick a crap ton of veggies and cook them without oil. Step 3: Put the two together with laughing cow cheese and hot sauce.

Repeat step 1 and 2 all the time. Change Step 3 depending on your taste/mood.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How do u cook it with no oil? Yeah im not a cook lol
    arditarose wrote: »
    Step 1: Pick a lean meat. Step 2: Pick a crap ton of veggies and cook them without oil. Step 3: Put the two together with laughing cow cheese and hot sauce.

• rosgonz20
    rosgonz20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow the fiesta chicken soup I will try soon
  • rosgonz20
    rosgonz20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Steamed Chipotle chicken
    Your choice of chicken peices
    Layer season with your favorite combination of seasoning cracked blackpeeper
    Make layers of each ingridient
    Thick sliced Tomato, onions, and bellpepers and againg chicken and so on
    season well each layer because its important & at the end add one or two chipotle chiles cover well cook on med low for 35 to 40 min do not pick in or uncover it will loose heat and evaporation
    Ps origanaly it calls for potatoes & green spanish olives but were keeping it as healthy and less salt too! Crock pot works great on high

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    veliia wrote: »
    How do u cook it with no oil? Yeah im not a cook lol
    arditarose wrote: »

Use a little water. Add sparingly and drain at then end if needed. Things like onions already have a decent amount of water to them. If I'm cooking squash and zucchini I'll throw the onion in first, then the squash/zuch, then I'll watch to see when it needs a splash of water so it doesn't stick. The only thing is you don't want to put garlic in the pan first like you would if cooking with oil. It'll burn. Add it toward the end
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Stir fry. Meat, tons of veggies (frozen works awesome), sauce of your choosing. Can't get any easier, quicker, or tastier!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Chicken salad made with greek yogurt (no mayo!), celery, low sugar craisins, walnuts, and green onions. Eggs or egg whites (hardboiled make a great quick snack!). Nonfat greek yogurt. I make this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala-25587, but leave out the heavy cream and instead use light coconut milk which shaves the calories drastically. I also leave out the jalepeno because I'm a huge wimp, and it's already incredibly spicy. It may not be quick, but it makes 4 servings and freezes really well. Serve it over quinoa or even garbanzo beans for extra protein.