Banana strawberry smoothie

Options
I been trying to lose weight been drinking banana strawberry smoothie recently heard its high on sugar which is bad which smoothies is good for weight loss that I can make at home

Replies

• NMV_5041
    NMV_5041 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The banana are on top in the list of high sugar fruits.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're in a calorie deficit with the smoothie and have no medical reason to watch your sugar intake, then there's no need to change it
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I try to have a banana a day, though high in sugar they still have other nutrients and taste like dessert :) I'm not understanding the problem with incorporating it into your smoothie. As long as you stay within your calories a banana is fine to have in your smoothie.
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a strawberry banana smoothie every morning, and it's seriously the best way to start my day. I drink that, along with a cup of coffee with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk and stevia extract. Gets me through the morning, and even if I start feeling hungry before lunch I usually have a piece of mozzarella string cheese to hold me over. I try not to eat any more fruit during the day, unless I'm going to work out really hard, in which case I might beforehand. This is the recipe:

1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (I buy them and cut them up myself to freeze because it's cheaper)
    1/2 of a medium banana
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    3/4 of a scoop of Vega Proteins and Green protein powder
    1 tbsp ground flax seed

286 calories, 43g carbs, 7g of fat (from the almond milk and flax seed), 21g protein, 21g sugar. Again, the rest of my day is filled with veggies and proteins, so this high carb, high sugar breakfast is ok. Almost all of the sugar is from the fruit, and my body is ok with that. I work out really hard in the afternoons, and my body has all day while I'm walking around at my job to process that sugar.

Each person has to find what works for them, so take that into consideration when people give you advice. :)
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I had a strawberry, banana, pineapple smoothie almost daily while losing close to 60 lbs. As malibu927 said
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're in a calorie deficit with the smoothie and have no medical reason to watch your sugar intake, then there's no need to change it

• gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    texasf1ght wrote: »
    I have a strawberry banana smoothie every morning, and it's seriously the best way to start my day. I drink that, along with a cup of coffee with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk and stevia extract. Gets me through the morning, and even if I start feeling hungry before lunch I usually have a piece of mozzarella string cheese to hold me over. I try not to eat any more fruit during the day, unless I'm going to work out really hard, in which case I might beforehand. This is the recipe:

1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (I buy them and cut them up myself to freeze because it's cheaper)
    1/2 of a medium banana
    1 tbsp ground flax seed. :)

Almost my exact same breakfast! :smile:
    140 g frozen strawberries or 70 g frozen blueberries (the yummy ones from Costco)
    About 100 g banana
    6 oz yogurt
    1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 scoop vanilla Vega powder

And a large coffee with 30 ml whole milk and 30 ml creamer.

Delicious, dessert-like and keeps me full all morning. Most other breakfasts leave me hungry after an hour (except for eggs, but usually they don't appeal in the morning).

I'm losing on 1820 cals, so why not? :wink:

• texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    texasf1ght wrote: »

1/2 of a medium banana
    1 tbsp ground flax seed. :)

Almost my exact same breakfast! :smile:
    140 g frozen strawberries or 70 g frozen blueberries (the yummy ones from Costco)
    About 100 g banana
    6 oz yogurt
    1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 scoop vanilla Vega powder

And a large coffee with 30 ml whole milk and 30 ml creamer.

Delicious, dessert-like and keeps me full all morning. Most other breakfasts leave me hungry after an hour (except for eggs, but usually they don't appeal in the morning).

I'm losing on 1820 cals, so why not? :wink:

Oh nice! What kind of yogurt do you put in it? I never thought of doing that, but I'm sure it would add to the creaminess. Yum!