Help Picking Fitness Classes?

Options
Samrny
Samrny Posts: 62 Member
Class Schedule for the Day/Week/Month Here

I want to join this gym, but I don't know which classes will give me the best bang for my buck!

I used to go to the gym every day, and do Zumba 3+ days a week, but that was over a year ago. Now I just bike to commute for exercise (which is less than five miles a day :neutral: ) (There is also the issue of I may have to bus to work as someone STOLE MY BIKE SEAT and I cannot afford to replace it)

I work from 9:00-1:00, about 2.5 miles away from the gym and live about half a mile from the gym. I bike everywhere so I can get to the gym from home in about eight-ten minutes, and from work in about 20-25.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Are you paying by the class or are they free drop in with the membership? If they are free, just try each of them and see which ones you enjoy the most. The best exercise is the one you will do. If you enjoy it, all the better. Sorry someone stole your bike seat. That's just horrible.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I would choose Pilates. That said, the quality of every class depends on the expertise of the instructor so try going to a few different types of classes and see which workouts suit you best. You seem to have a lot of options there!
  • Samrny
    Samrny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Are you paying by the class or are they free drop in with the membership? If they are free, just try each of them and see which ones you enjoy the most. The best exercise is the one you will do. If you enjoy it, all the better. Sorry someone stole your bike seat. That's just horrible.

I think it's free drop in with membership for MOST of the classes, some, like bootcamp, you must pay for.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Samrny wrote: »

I think it's free drop in with membership for MOST of the classes, some, like bootcamp, you must pay for.

I would shop around then. Take a bunch of different classes until you find one where the workout and the instructor make you feel good about going.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Samrny wrote: »

Then I would hit as many as you possibly can and see what you like! Enjoy the gym!